Nenê
Tayshaun Prince
Amaré Stoudemire
Yao Ming

More

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
The East has talented guards, but who do they have that can stop Boozer, Amare, and especially Yao in the post? There's no reason the Sophs should lose this game.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
It should be a good game Boozer wont have that much effect unless he gets alot of off rebs cuz a all-star game is a guards game.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Starbury03</b>!
It should be a good game Boozer wont have that much effect unless he gets alot of off rebs cuz a all-star game is a guards game.
That's true, but if they played to win, Yao, Amare, Boozer should be able to dominate the post.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
It's cool that maybe Yao and LeBron will get to play in both games if they make the all-star team too. It didnt use to be like that.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tpb2</b>!
It's cool that maybe Yao and LeBron will get to play in both games if they make the all-star team too. It didnt use to be like that.
They're removed from this game and replaced if they make the all-star team.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Boozer isn't made for allstar games. He is your average starting PF in the league who can put up big numbers against really bad competition but shut down by the upper echelon players.
He doesn't have the athleticism, creativity that other big players like Garnett, Webber and Amare have that they look good in allstar games.

PS: Amare might not come back before the allstar weekend.

In that case it should probably be Jiri Welsh as his replacement.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
No TJ Ford? As mentioned, All Star games are guard games, and TJ is someone I would have expected to be there. I'm very disappointed.

The winner of this game is tough to call. But I'm gonna go with the sophs simply cause of their experience.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Nice to see Flip make it.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!

If a rookie or second-year player is selected to play in the All-Star Game on Sunday, he will also play in the got milk? Rookie Challenge on Friday evening.
I'm not sure, but wouldn't that mean they would be able to play in both?

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
It is tough to see why TJ Ford, Leandro Barbosa are left out for guys like Kaman, Hayes and Haslem. :hurl:

Danny Fortson :curse:

If the Sophs are smart they pound the ball inside to Amare and Yao all the time and will in very easily.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!

According to the article, not this year.. Can play in both.. Sweet

·
Registered
775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!
It is tough to see why TJ Ford, Leandro Barbosa are left out for guys like Kaman, Hayes and Haslem. :hurl:
Well you can make a case for Ford, but not Barbosa. Barbosa has just not played enough. I mean, if it was based off the last month, then Barbosa would be a shoe-in, but alas, it's not.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Barbosa hasn't been doing anything for most of the season, he needs more than a couple of good weeks to get in. I agree on Ford though, he deserves to be in over Hayes for sure. Hayes started off strong, but coming from a Wizard fan, he's been pretty mediocre for most of the season. Kaman is there because there needs to be someone to play center.

Originally posted by <b>Brian34Cook</b>!

According to the article, not this year.. Can play in both.. Sweet
Heh I caught that after my post, I was just going to delete it, but enough people corrected me that I'll leave it alone. I honestly don't like it though -- if the guys are playing in the all-star game, I'd like to see someone else get in the rookie game. However, it gives two chances to see two of the league's most popular guys in James and Ming, so I understand why they're doing it.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Kaman and Haslem average just as much points as Barbosa in almost twice as many minutes.

Barbosa only didn't play that much because of Marbury but since than consistantly played very well unlike Hayes, Haslem or Kaman.

Hayes is 10ppg on 40%FG. WOW
Barbosa is averaging 12.5ppg 3.5apg 1.7spg 48%FG 44%3s

What idiot makes thos decisions? Ford is a no-brainer and is made for those type of games and Barbosa should also be in.

Instead of having the future stars in that game they got the future scrubs.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Kaman and Haslem average just as much points as Barbosa in almost twice as many minutes.

Barbosa only didn't play that much because of Marbury but since than consistantly played very well unlike Hayes, Haslem or Kaman.

What idiot makes thos decisions? Ford is a no-brainer and is made for those type of games and Barbosa should also be in.

Yeah, Barbosa didn't play because of Marbury, but that's a reason.

Ford: Yes.
Barbosa: NO.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Battle of the Big Men for the Rookies team.. I could make a case for Cook but he's barely played and on the IL now..

Bosh: 11.3 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 1.0 APG, 46.5 FG%, 38G (Obviously In)
Hayes: 10.4 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 1.6 APG, 40.0 FG%, 43G (Eh?)
Howard: 8.1 PPG, 5.7 RPG, 1.4 APG, 40.4 FG%, 34G (Sure)
Kaman: 6.3 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 0.9 APG, 45.0 FG%, 42G (Uh)
Haslem: 6.3 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 0.7 APG, 44.4 FG%, 38G (That's fine)
Cook: 6.6 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 0.9 APG, 45.5 FG%, 13 G (Had he been non-injured he coulda easily made this team.. Seriously)

Oh well :D

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

You can't have all guards. Kaman and to a lesser extent Haslem are there because they are big men.

I don't know where those Barbosa numbers come from, I'm going to assume post-trade? You have to factor in the player's entire season, not just the way they've played over any particular couple of weeks period. If that were the way it worked, I'd gladly take Hayes' 16 PPG on 45% FG, 1.5 SPG, and 4 RPG he put up during the season's opening two weeks.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts