Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lebron? bassy? who you think in two years time is gona take the roy title?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
How should Telfair be ROY in 2004? He will graduate from Lincoln HS at this time.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Even if LeBron is as good as advertised, it is very hard to imagine a kid fresh out of high school winning the Rookie of the Year...unless it was an extremely weak class. Even that, its hard to imagine.

Off the top of my head, I have no idea--though I am one the few people who thinks Luke Walton will be an excellent NBA player, and will contribute to a playoff team right away (since he will most likely not go in the lottery.)

Ok, so there is my prediction--

2004 NBA Rookie of the Year
Luke Walton, Detroit Pistons

Hitman

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bender</b>!
How should Telfair be ROY in 2004? He will graduate from Lincoln HS at this time.
I thought that Sebastian Telfair was a senior this year (2003), and if he is a junior now...he'll be eligible for the 2004 draft.

James will enter the 2003 NBA Draft, not the 2004 NBA Draft.

You got your years mixed up man.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rynobot</b>!
but the reward will be handed out in 2004.
It doesn't matter, if players are drafted in 2003, the ROY is the 2003 ROY.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Damian Necronamous</b>!

I thought that Sebastian Telfair was a senior this year (2003), and if he is a junior now...he'll be eligible for the 2004 draft.

James will enter the 2003 NBA Draft, not the 2004 NBA Draft.

You got your years mixed up man.
I got nothing. :eek:
I said Telfair will graduate in 2004 (i.e. he is a HS junior now, senior in a year, and eligible in 2004's NBA draft.) Futher I said he could not be Rookie of the Year 2004 (i.e. in the season 2003/2004). Anything wrong with that?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bender</b>!
Anything wrong with that?
Yes, the Rookie of the Year for 2004 is for the year 2004-2005, not 2003-2004.

·
Registered
450 Posts
OK people, Face the facts!!!!!

Sebastian Telfair will not be in the same draft year as Lebron James. That is what bender was arguing. Lebron will be drafted next year, and Telfair the year after (if he is even a lottery and doesnt go to college). Bender was completely right in his argument.
Sbz-playa just brought in a player that shouldnt have been there, whether we talk about the 2003 or the 2004 Rookie of the year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts