Registered
12,080 Posts
If keeps those stats up he should be an easy pick for ROY

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
kamego said:
If keeps those stats up he should be an easy pick for ROY
I agree. If he is consistent and plays with the same enthusiasm and skill throughout the conference, he should be a good candidate for the award. He has been very impressive so far. Good for him! :clap:

·
Stinging the West!
2,551 Posts
Nice Chris!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Wow, Villeneuva is out to prove the doubters. Too bad he's got to play for the Raptors.

Chris Paul has the skillset of a Marbury-type player, but the IQ of a Jason Kidd-type player. Him and Williams are superstar material, not only that, but I believe both of them have what it takes to be winners in the NBA. Damn, this rookie class has me feelin' good.

·
Rest In Peace girllovesthegame
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TonyMontana_83 said:
Wow, Villeneuva is out to prove the doubters. Too bad he's got to play for the Raptors.

Chris Paul has the skillset of a Marbury-type player, but the IQ of a Jason Kidd-type player. Him and Williams are superstar material, not only that, but I believe both of them have what it takes to be winners in the NBA. Damn, this rookie class has me feelin' good.

Which Williams are you referring to? Deron or Marvin?

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
girllovesthegame said:
I would guess he ment Deron

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
bogut has been surprising. i dont know why hes not gettin the ball more.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
the rookie PG no one's talking about (but has been on the list for two weeks) is Jose Calderon. He's older then Williams and Paul, but has a great skill set to work with. If he can hit a jumper consistantly, he could be a pretty good PG is the association.

also, Villanueva rules, he had a monster game last night and most importantly, learning lots. Mitchell is playing him at key times, and slowly he is adjusting to life in the NBA.

And how about Frye? He is a rook that is really begining to look good. can't wait for Dec. 12 when the bucks play the knicks. Hopefully will get to see him and Bogut battle.

·
Registered
681 Posts
girllovesthegame said:
Deron. To be honest, I don't know much about Marvin's game. Saw little of him in college and haven't seen the Hawks play yet this year. One main knock I've heard that makes me doubt him is that he has a low b-ball IQ, but I have no idea what the validity of that statement is.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I dunno how Marvin will pan out, but even like 7 games into the year, I can confidently say he does not have a low b-ball IQ. I think he's gonna be alright. I expected him to be similar to Josh Smith, but he's almost the opposite. Got that sweet jumpshot.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
There's something about Marvin's jump shot that doesn't look quite right to me. I think he puts too much arc on it. He looks good though, better than I thought he would this quickly. He'll be starting by January and before too long he'll be the Hawks' best rebounder.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
expect deron williams to be top on the list after he gets the starter spot and plays more minutes. Its not fair to compare stats when chris gets more minutes per game.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts