Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread may already be somewhere else, but who are the rookies that may get early season burn? The guy at Chicago seems the real deal, at least in the pre-season.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
I'm excited to see Mudiay be a starter from day one.

He's my ROY favorite, although I think it's easier for big men rookies to put up stats.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
If we can judge anything from preseason, it's looking like Mudiay, Towns, Hezonja, Cauley-Stein, and Okafor will all be day 1 starters. Stanley Johnson, D'Angelo Russell, Justise Winslow, Nemanja Bjelica, Bobby Portis, Trey Lyles, and Myles Turner will all very likely be rotation players right out of the shoot.

Porzingis will obviously join those ranks as either a top 8 rotation guy or possibly even a starter when he gets back from injury.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Is Cauley-Stein going to get over the conditioning issues quickly enough to be a day 1 starter?
He has started every preseason game thusfar.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Interesting. A week ago they were saying his conditioning was so bad that he couldn't go more than 20 minutes in practice without taking breaks. I just assumed that he was smoking so much wacky tabacky that his lungs weren't working right.
Either those stories were overblown completely or he got his wind pretty quick. He's been playing 20-28 mintues per games in the preseason... mostly alongside Cousins.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If we can judge anything from preseason, it's looking like Mudiay, Towns, Hezonja, Cauley-Stein, and Okafor will all be day 1 starters. Stanley Johnson, D'Angelo Russell, Justise Winslow, Nemanja Bjelica, Bobby Portis, Trey Lyles, and Myles Turner will all very likely be rotation players right out of the shoot.

Porzingis will obviously join those ranks as either a top 8 rotation guy or possibly even a starter when he gets back from injury.
So you think turner will take minutes off mahinmi?

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Myles Turner is a beast he will get some time at C or PF.

I think Mahinmi Hill and Turner will all get minutes.

Hill Mahinmi will share 48 and Turner will gey some burn as PGs backup or maybe even starting playing 5mins then coming off

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
So you think turner will take minutes off mahinmi?
I think anybody who can perform at anything close to starting bigman quality will get plenty of run in that frontcourt.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
One item of note, here. Van Gundy has begun starting Stanley Johnson over Marcus Morris in the last two preseason games. He might also be an opening day rookie starter.

·
Premium Member
100,010 Posts

Hezonja is almost certainly not starting.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Hezonja is almost certainly not starting.
Yeah, he's not unless there are injuries but he will get plenty of PT.

Likely Aaron Gordon and Tobias Harris starting at forward spots.

He looks like a good player. I could see Orlando shipping out Tobias Harris in the next year or two and Hezonja being starter.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
He played last season lol. That's why he is ineligible (and probably not good enough to win, anyways).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts