Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems their are two types of opinions when it comes to rookies

People that think being a backup and hardly getting any playing time your rookie year is good for you

Kareem Rush
Qyntel Woods
Wilcox/Hilario

And then people who think immediate exposure to full NBA expectations is better for you

DaJuan Wagner
Caron Butler
Juan Dixon

Thoughts?

It is my opinion that it depends on position of the player, age of the player, the team the player is on, and just about everything you could think of. No two players have the same style of devlopment.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
The Miami Heat and Riles system is the PERFECT fit for Butler.He and Jay are mature and polished enough for the NBA,most of the other ballers in the draft aren't yet.

Thats why Butler,Jay and Hilario are gonna have impacts this year,but most of the rest WONT.:no:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well, Caron Butler and Jay Williams are the most mature and are the biggest two candidates for rookie of the year. Caron is being labeled as the Heat's ticket back to the playoff and Eastern conference top teams too.

Butler is going to face way more pressure then J-Will because he's a Chicago Bull player and there first goal is to be a .500 team. But with Butler's killer instinct, skill, talent and cockyness he's going to get far in this league that's for sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
The Miami Heat and Riles system is the PERFECT fit for Butler.He and Jay are mature and polished enough for the NBA,most of the other ballers in the draft aren't yet.

Thats why Butler,Jay and Hilario are gonna have impacts this year,but most of the rest WONT.:no:
i dont think Hilario is gonna have an impacet his first year, hes only 19

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by STING
It seems their are two types of opinions when it comes to rookies

People that think being a backup and hardly getting any playing time your rookie year is good for you

Kareem Rush
Qyntel Woods
Wilcox/Hilario

And then people who think immediate exposure to full NBA expectations is better for you

DaJuan Wagner
Caron Butler
Juan Dixon

Thoughts?

It is my opinion that it depends on position of the player, age of the player, the team the player is on, and just about everything you could think of. No two players have the same style of devlopment.
How is Juan Dixon going to get major playing time? He'll be a bench player behind Rip Hamilton.

How is Nene Hilario not going to get a lot of playing time? He'll probably start for Denver.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the wizards don't have a whole lot of depth right now at the SG postition, mainly becuase of their lack of depth at the SF postition, thus forcing many of the Wizard's shooting guards to play at the SF position. this could leave an opening at SG for Juan Dixon if the Wiz choose to move hamilton to SF.

Your right on the Hilario though -- my bad, forgot Nene was traded

·
Registered
388 Posts
I agree. Juan Dixon is gonna start either as a real fake point guard or get some room for the shooting guard slot. I don't think the Wizards dealt a guy like Courtney Alexander for a bench warmer.

Hmmm, I wonder why they didn't take Qyntel Woods. :confused: He seems like he would have been a nice fit, don't you think?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I definilty think he would have been the better pick. It would have allowed them to keep Hamilton at the SG position, and Woods would have the opportunity of a lifetime to play with MJ.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
there are so many players who will get a big role. butler of course is the name that first pops into my head...but the second for me is Chris Jefferies partially because I am a Raps fan. He is coming to a team that could use his help and defense. He will get lots of minutes and will hopefully do a lot in terms of playing different positions etc. I think he can make an immediate impact. He is talented and somewhat experienced.

·
The Baseball Guru
12,161 Posts
the wizards don't have a whole lot of depth right now at the SG postition, mainly becuase of their lack of depth at the SF postition, thus forcing many of the Wizard's shooting guards to play at the SF position. this could leave an opening at SG for Juan Dixon if the Wiz choose to move hamilton to SF.

Your right on the Hilario though -- my bad, forgot Nene was traded

the wizzards drafted jared jefferies and he is a sf foward not a power foward so they dont have a point gaurd so they might play juan dixon at point gaurd

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by princetolakers

the wizzards drafted jared jefferies and he is a sf foward not a power foward so they dont have a point gaurd so they might play juan dixon at point gaurd
Maybe, but if Juany D couldn't play the point in college, i doubt he would be able to in the NBA. Its really sad though for the Wiz, right now they could use anyone.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by untitled
there are so many players who will get a big role. butler of course is the name that first pops into my head...but the second for me is Chris Jefferies partially because I am a Raps fan. He is coming to a team that could use his help and defense. He will get lots of minutes and will hopefully do a lot in terms of playing different positions etc. I think he can make an immediate impact. He is talented and somewhat experienced.
It's funny how you've warmed up to Chris Jefferies, when at first you were livid about him going to Toronto, and the Lakers getting Rush.;)

Kind of like how I was convinced that Qyntel Woods was going to the Lakers, and now that he's on the Blazers (a team that I absoluetly hate:D ) I don't like him.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts

Maybe, but if Juany D couldn't play the point in college, i doubt he would be able to in the NBA. Its really sad though for the Wiz, right now they could use anyone.
Get your facts straight.

Juan Dixon was not asked to play PG in college. He was asked to be a SG and a scorer.

I am not saying he can be a PG but it is incorrect to say that he couldn't do it in College.

As for my opinion on whether he can or cannot. I fully believe he will do fine in that position playing for the Wizards. He will be able to fulfill the duties required in their offense adequately and perform more than adequately on the defensive end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts