Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
Buddy of mine got one. Usually dude tries to drive and I check him, but I was already unconscious at the time. I swear I've done the leg sweep/chokeslam move to him like a half dozen times.

You can try, but sometimes you can't save people from themselves.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Had 3 24 hours in 1 year when I was 23 or so which is basically a cop saying "Don't drink and drive again or you'll get a DUI!". I calmed down after that a bit. About half my boys have got DUI's, and I know how much they suck. You either have a real person job and lose it, or you're probably living with your parents so they're on your case all the time because you're a drunk loser without a car.

I don't know what it is in the US of ****ing A, but in Canada its a year, so thats a long stretch of basically turning into a 15 year old kid again

·
hmmmmmm
5,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know what it is in the US of ****ing A, but in Canada its a year, so thats a long stretch of basically turning into a 15 year old kid again
seems like he has to go 3-6 months w/o a license, or go like 30 days w/o a license then pony up 80 bucks a month for 12 months for one of those things where you have to blow to get start yr car. it all depends.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Yea, my brother had one of those breathalyzers in his truck. I think he had to wait 6 months, and then got to drive with one for 6 months.

You lenient mother ****ers.

·
Werewolf Bar Mitzvah
18,794 Posts
Had 3 24 hours in 1 year when I was 23 or so which is basically a cop saying "Don't drink and drive again or you'll get a DUI!". I calmed down after that a bit. About half my boys have got DUI's, and I know how much they suck. You either have a real person job and lose it, or you're probably living with your parents so they're on your case all the time because you're a drunk loser without a car.

In AZ it's mandatory 30 days in Tent City (a jail of tents downwind of the city dump) and a 6 month's suspended license with about $2k worth of fines, alcohol abuse classes (another $1k for those), and an interlocking device ($500 for that). That's the first offense. No, 24 hour whatever that crap is. On top of that, taking a cab is damn near impractical since we live more than 10 miles from anywhere we want to go so a cab ride costs more than $30 each way. So you gotta go the DD route.

EDIT: and yeah, most likely you're going to lose your job over it.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
24 hour is just the cops saying "You better not drive for 24 hours! Or ELSE!" Sometimes they impound your vehicle, sometimes they just tell you to leave your car/truck where it is and you just sneak back a few hours later and drive it home.

·
Werewolf Bar Mitzvah
18,794 Posts
24 hour is just the cops saying "You better not drive for 24 hours! Or ELSE!" Sometimes they impound your vehicle, sometimes they just tell you to leave your car/truck where it is and you just sneak back a few hours later and drive it home.
Do they say please? I won't listen to them unless they say please.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Nope. I'm the one who says please, and thank you. That's why I got 3 24 hours and no DUI.

When I used to be a dick, the cops threw the book at me. Now that I kill them with kindness, I never get in much trouble.

·
hmmmmmm
5,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gotta be friendly to cops tho, i agree. roommate was exceedingly cooperative, perhaps too cooperative. i had another friend who was really belligerent toward the cops & got put in jail for three weeks + tons of other ****.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Yep. I started to learn my lesson after saying "Why don't you take the cuffs off and I'll put you in cuffs, while being taken to the drunk tank..... after being coke slammed by said cop earlier.

Be a dick to cops, they're give you every ticket they can.

·
Werewolf Bar Mitzvah
18,794 Posts
My interactions with the cops never start cordially. It's more like I'm just negotiating my way out of being shot. Every time I have been pulled over, their hand is on their gun and he is shouting orders at me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts