Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts
McDyess and Marbury all rolled into one?

·
51,454 Posts
No if you are looking at Rose as more than just an expiring contract you are hoping for too much. More concerned about who they get to replace Lopez, hope they are just big Hernangomez believers.

·
51,454 Posts
Score first PGs thrived in PHX under Hornacek, but there is no telling how much influence the triangle will have next season.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
I think the real fear is the Knicks maxing out Dwight Howard.

If the Knicks treat this as a move to unload the contract of Robin Lopez then it's not that bad of a trade. They try out the trio of Rose/Melo/Porzingis for about half a season and if it doesn't work out they should try to trade Melo at the deadline for expiring contracts and tank the rest of the season. They end up with a high pick and a ton of cap space next year and build the team around Porzingis.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Imagine if the Knicks sign Dwight for the max and somehow Rose stays healthy for the season and the trio has moderate success. The Knicks then re-signs Rose for a big contract and then the injuries start to hit both Dwight and Rose. We can be looking at another 3-4 years of futility for the Knicks.

·
51,454 Posts
Dwight would be nightmare.

No one is paying Rose no way would his contract be insured, also I doubt he plays 50+ games or plays well.

·
Chicago Bulls
92 Posts
Knicks are really happy because they got rid of all the bad players they wanted to send to and they got Rose for it!! Luckiest team ever and we're the stupidest team ever for making this trade happen

·
Registered
59 Posts
the Knicks love past their prime all-star PGs, no matter whos at the helm...only good thing about this is if Rose disappears, Knicks aren't on the hook for years and years like they usually are

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I liked the Rose trade when it looked like it might be a way to move Porzingis to the 5 while shedding some long-term salary commitments, and getting a stopgap at the point with enough name recognition to keep Carmelo relatively happy. Giving Joakim Noah a four-year deal at this point in his career, though, was.......problematic. It makes me think they're intending for Rose to be around long-term.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts