Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Rose is such a good guy, so mild mannered. He impresses me as a fun person to be around. This team has been fun to watch this year.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Enjoy this kid while we can, his attitude and humbleness are just so rare in pro sports. Its only a matter or time before some succubus gets her hands on this kid or he gets some terrible advice from someone. I hope that never happens, hes quickly becoming the face of the NBA or at least what the NBA wants its image to look like, hard working, humble, talented and friendly athletes.

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's so nice about the video is that everyone seems happy to see Derrick. Although Fred Tedeschi seems camera shy.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
What impressed me is he know's all the employees by name, he knew the names of the masseuses and thanked them for all the work they do. He smiled the whole time and everyone smiled back at him, he must really be liked.

I really found the training room part a bit funny, Boozer getting treatment after practice and Rose say's "This is where guy's get treatment after practice, I don't need it but.. "

Very nice to see the inside of the Berto center I alway's wondered what it looks like. I also wonder how does it compare to other training centers around the NBA, I know the Berto center has been around a while.

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What impressed me is he know's all the employees by name, he knew the names of the masseuses and thanked them for all the work they do. He smiled the whole time and everyone smiled back at him, he must really be liked.

I really found the training room part a bit funny, Boozer getting treatment after practice and Rose say's "This is where guy's get treatment after practice, I don't need it but.. "

Very nice to see the inside of the Berto center I alway's wondered what it looks like. I also wonder how does it compare to other training centers around the NBA, I know the Berto center has been around a while.
Reindsorf built it to be the best training center in the NBA back in the late 80s, early 90s, so it would have everything a player would need, and I believe they've kept it up. Other NBA players have used it in the off-season instead of going to other gyms.

I think they added the catering sometime in the early 2000s over a concern if the players were eating the right foods. the food table had plenty of fruit and veggies.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I think they added the catering sometime in the early 2000s over a concern if the players were eating the right foods. the food table had plenty of fruit and veggies.
Derrick most be by far the worst eater, the guy when he first got here only ate candy, then he had too much spicy food this year which led to an ulcer and then in the video he said he only eats Chicken and NO FISH lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts