Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess the less than warm reception he received Sunday bothered him more than he originally led us to believe. Perhaps now people are starting to see that when things don't go his way or something occurs that upsets him, he's quite capable of undercutting those around him with his well documented forked tongue:

Fan support stays strong: Bad as they are, the Bulls filled the United Center again Sunday, drawing 22,039 for the 96-89 win over Toronto. The Bulls rank third in the league in home attendance, behind Detroit and Dallas.

Former Bull Jalen Rose offered a theory on why the fans keep coming out to support the Bulls.

"A lot of that's on Michael Jeffrey Jordan," he said. "He turned this into a basketball city. Because of that, going to a Bulls game is an event. A lot of people don't even know what the record is."

We're better off without him. Paxson did the right thing.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!
I guess the less than warm reception he received Sunday bothered him more than he originally led us to believe. Perhaps now people are starting to see that when things don't go his way or something occurs that upsets him, he's quite capable of undercutting those around him with his well documented forked tongue:

Fan support stays strong: Bad as they are, the Bulls filled the United Center again Sunday, drawing 22,039 for the 96-89 win over Toronto. The Bulls rank third in the league in home attendance, behind Detroit and Dallas.

Former Bull Jalen Rose offered a theory on why the fans keep coming out to support the Bulls.

"A lot of that's on Michael Jeffrey Jordan," he said. "He turned this into a basketball city. Because of that, going to a Bulls game is an event. A lot of people don't even know what the record is."

We're better off without him. Paxson did the right thing.
Ouch! so fans come here because there is nothing better to do? :upset: Fans supported the bulls before he came here, during his stay and now after he is gone.

John wanted to ship him out of town obviously. It cost us Marshall, but he got it done.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!

I can't say I disagree. Most Chicago fans have no clue how sad a state our Bulls are in. How often does the camera pan over those in the expensive courtside seats and those people seem to have no idea they're even at a basketball game? The Bulls have managed to stay profitable and fill the house precisely due to the ignorance of fans. On the flipside, take a look at the Blackhawks. From my understanding, they're not doing too well in terms of attendance. A reason that I heard (which I think holds a ton of truth) is that Hawks fans are more in tune with their franchise. They saw the horrible direction that team management had taken and ultimately chose to abandon ship. Honestly, how many of you plan to support this team if they continue to field such a terrible team? It's not being fair weathered, it's called putting your foot down and making a stand.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I would disagree w/ him except for all the times people cheer like crazy in the 4th quarter when the Bulls are losing just to get on the camera.

Also - loud screams for the Dunkin Donuts race and not for the starting line-ups or the victory is a pretty big indicator that he's right.

However, it's probably like that everywhere except Sacramento.

He should keep his "talkin out the side of his mouth" mouth shut though.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
I am proud to say I was one of the many people there booing him

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I wish I could have been there to boo him.

Let him keep talking since it's only making him look worse, and validates Paxson's decision to get him out of Chicago, however necessary.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's no where near as bad as the way most of us insulted him. . .

·
Registered
718 Posts
Re: Re: Rose Insults Bulls Fans

Originally posted by <b>sp00k</b>!

I can't say I disagree. Most Chicago fans have no clue how sad a state our Bulls are in. How often does the camera pan over those in the expensive courtside seats and those people seem to have no idea they're even at a basketball game? The Bulls have managed to stay profitable and fill the house precisely due to the ignorance of fans. On the flipside, take a look at the Blackhawks. From my understanding, they're not doing too well in terms of attendance. A reason that I heard (which I think holds a ton of truth) is that Hawks fans are more in tune with their franchise. They saw the horrible direction that team management had taken and ultimately chose to abandon ship. Honestly, how many of you plan to support this team if they continue to field such a terrible team? It's not being fair weathered, it's called putting your foot down and making a stand.
Youve got to me kidding me.

How can you say that the fans are ignorant? I think you're ignorant for making a statement based on people's appearance at a GAME they paid big $$$ to be at and are out to be enjoying themselves.

Don't judge by appearance SPOOK!

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Let's not be naive here. you have to be rich to sit down around courtside. A lot of the people are businessmen and women entertaining clients or whatever. honestly if the fans at the UC were like the people on this board, the crowd would be lively and either booing or cheering until they were hoarse. When I go to Bulls games I usually sit in the upper deck and when I'm lucky I sit at one end of the court level 200 or so.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Rose Insults Bulls Fans

Originally posted by <b>lorgg</b>!

Youve got to me kidding me.

How can you say that the fans are ignorant? I think you're ignorant for making a statement based on people's appearance at a GAME they paid big $$$ to be at and are out to be enjoying themselves.

Don't judge by appearance SPOOK!
I believe spongyfungy said it best:

Let's not be naive here. you have to be rich to sit down around courtside. A lot of the people are businessmen and women entertaining clients or whatever. honestly if the fans at the UC were like the people on this board, the crowd would be lively and either booing or cheering until they were hoarse. When I go to Bulls games I usually sit in the upper deck and when I'm lucky I sit at one end of the court level 200 or so.
And thanks for calling me ignorant! :cheers:

Regardless of your personal attacks though, you didn't provide any evidence to prove otherwise. How else do you explain the financial success of the Bulls up to this point? Their stellar play has garnered them attention league wide? All the national time they receive from being in the playoffs every year? The endorsement and royalties that come from selling millions of "World Champ" t-shirts and memorabilia? Wait, maybe it's the exciting basketball that drives the fans in masses to storm the United Center? For the most part, Bulls fans are ignorant of the dire state that this franchise is in. The Bulls organization has placed a ****ty product on the floor, yet rather than demand better, fans shrug their shoulders and bear it, or worse, don't know that they are paying for crap. But by all means lorgg, please call me ignorant once more.

And BTW, I made an assumption based on fans' displays of emotion and attentiveness shown, not based on their physical appearance. There is a clear difference between coming to a conclusion based on social cues and making an assumption based on solely on physical appearance.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I agree with sp00k and Jalen to a certain extent. Recently, the UC has been a gathering spot for families and their young children. It's almost like the circus. I couldn't believe the last few games. The chanting of "Let's go Bulls" sounded like the UC turned into a big *** kindergarten class.

Bulls games are really fun regardless of the watching the team play so I can see why businessmen would bring their clients. But I'm sure at least 25% of the fans at the game have no idea how bad the team is.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
yes you know Jalen gave us a good shot. It has a lot of truth to it, like it or not. The only reason the Bulls are a kindergarten version 2-3 is because the fans keep showing up.
The GOAT sold this team, and the fans are more cult of personality fans than they were in the 80's for sure.

Why should we be offended? Its like getting mad at somebody else for pointing out we have something hanging from our nose.

We boo him, he shoots back. He looks petty, but he's got a point. We can take it

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
There is a lot of truth to what Jalen is saying, but I sure wish he'd shut his trap.

·
Registered
164 Posts
In defense of the UC crowd, I think the boos show some basketball knowledge. They are not indiscriminate insults, but directly connected to bad shots or lack of effort.

Remember that the average NBA attendee is just now figuring out that Grant Hill does not deserve their All-Star vote.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Rose Insults Bulls Fans

Originally posted by <b>sp00k</b>!

I believe spongyfungy said it best:

And thanks for calling me ignorant! :cheers:

Regardless of your personal attacks though, you didn't provide any evidence to prove otherwise. How else do you explain the financial success of the Bulls up to this point? Their stellar play has garnered them attention league wide? All the national time they receive from being in the playoffs every year? The endorsement and royalties that come from selling millions of "World Champ" t-shirts and memorabilia? Wait, maybe it's the exciting basketball that drives the fans in masses to storm the United Center? For the most part, Bulls fans are ignorant of the dire state that this franchise is in. The Bulls organization has placed a ****ty product on the floor, yet rather than demand better, fans shrug their shoulders and bear it, or worse, don't know that they are paying for crap. But by all means lorgg, please call me ignorant once more.

And BTW, I made an assumption based on fans' displays of emotion and attentiveness shown, not based on their physical appearance. There is a clear difference between coming to a conclusion based on social cues and making an assumption based on solely on physical appearance.
IGNORANT SPOOK ,
You stereotyped 22,000 people as ignorant, you are just ignorant. Further, you said most Chicago fans are ignorant. I am sure your analyzed every one of them. You so silly! If you meant front row fans then state that. I'm sure there's many true knowledgeable fans somewhere in the UC. Mine God!

Maybe the people bear it b/c they are FANS!!!!

One person calling another ignorant = annoyed
One person calling most Bulls Fans ignorant = Idiot

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rose Insults Bulls Fans

Originally posted by <b>lorgg</b>!

IGNORANT SPOOK ,
You stereotyped 22,000 people as ignorant, you are just ignorant. Further, you said most Chicago fans are ignorant. I am sure your analyzed every one of them. You so silly! If you meant front row fans then state that. I'm sure there's many true knowledgeable fans somewhere in the UC. Mine God!

Maybe the people bear it b/c they are FANS!!!!

One person calling another ignorant = annoyed
One person calling most Bulls Fans ignorant = Idiot
[sigh]. :whatever:

It's obvious that there's a communication gap here. To avoid wasting anymore of my life by attempting to make a point that multiple posters on this board are in clear accordance with, I will simply disengage from this conversation with you.

Good day.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.