Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Chicago Bulls
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tbh Idk what's next for Rose after this, it's just sad. As a Bulls fan I'm sad to see this.

Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Derrick Rose will miss Saturday night's home game against the Orlando Magic at Quicken Loans Arena due to an ankle injury suffered against the Milwaukee Bucks on Friday.

Dave McMenamin of ESPN confirmed the Cavs officially ruled Rose out Saturday afternoon.

It was an expected announcement. Head coach Tyronn Lue told reporters "it doesn't look good right now" about Rose's chances of playing Saturday following the team's 116-97 victory over the Bucks.

The 29-year-old Chicago native suffered the injury early in the fourth quarter Friday when he took a hit in the head and neck area from Milwaukee center Greg Monroe and landed awkwardly.

Afterward, Rose said he felt slighted by the lack of a flagrant foul call on the play.

"I think I'm the only person in the league that's not getting a flagrant for that call, bro," he said. "Come on, man. Like, I'm sure I'm the only player, but it is what it is. ... That's a common foul. Wow. Come on."

On Saturday, the NBA announced Monroe's foul did get upgraded to a Flagrant 1 upon review.

It's unclear whether Rose will miss any additional time with the ankle issue. His next chance to play will come Tuesday when the Cavaliers welcome the Chicago Bulls, his former team, to Quicken Loans Arena.
Bleacher Report.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts