Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"They're the worst team in the league, currently,'' said Rose, who might have been referring to talent levels because Orlando has a worse record.

"It's a lot better [being around .500 in Toronto] than being on the bottom and looking up, and that's where I was in Chicago, for sure.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bears/cst-spt-2bside25.html

Thanks alot, Jalen. That's like telling your blind date that she's ugly. It may be true, but occasionally some things are better left unsaid.

Of course, if you're going to live in Jalen's world, you're going to have to put up with his twisted, almost perverse version of reality:

As far as animosity, to be honest, I don't have any because I felt like I did everything I was asked to do. They're still trying to find an identity, a player or two who can come out and bring a consistent effort every night. That's something that I was able to do regardless of circumstance.''

Consistent? Yeah, I'd agree with that. But then, you all know where I'm headed with this, so I'll leave it to each of you to add your own punchline.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
haha werent Raptor fans upset with him and his effort within the first month of the trade?

Jalen has a twisted version of reality indeed.

Man it sucks to be the butt of everyone jokes, and I'm just a fan. Imagine how much it sucks to be a player, that should be motivation enough to stop sucking.

Even Jalen Rose can make fun of us :(

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
He's partially right, and I'd be like he's entitled to say whatever but it's Jalen Rose for god sakes. We said here be our #1 option and look where that got us. He talks about stepping up consistently, I'd be like hey Jalen you should start wearing #2 because that's the only option you'll ever be. Oh say hello to Vince for me. He gives Michigan a bad name.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
hmmmm. Toronto is one game below .500. they were .500 before the trade. So Jalen has made the raptors a hell of a lot better in what way????

Of course Jalen will vent a little. They are 9 games better than us. But you know what? They were about that many games ahead of us before the trade. Well, maybe not 9, but at least 6 .

I have said all I am going to say about Jalen. I did it before the trade.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
It's sad he said it! :(

It's sadder that he's right! :mad:

It's saddest that he's the one to put us in this position when for some reason Jerry K Traded Ron and Brad for him,today both in top 20 in the league in efficiancy:upset:

Sad...

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!

As far as animosity, to be honest, I don't have any because I felt like I did everything I was asked to do. They're still trying to find an identity, a player or two who can come out and bring a consistent effort every night. That's something that I was able to do regardless of circumstance.''
good riddance then, good riddance now.

...oh and: " this little piggy went to toronto, this little piggie is gone, this little piggy whined and complained when asked to come off the bench, so THIS LITTLE PIGGY wouldn't know a consistent effort if it bit him in the ___."

sorry, it's all just so juvenile, thought i would respond in kind.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I've been real happy as a raptor so far, not any big problems but he throws up questionable shots sometimes.

Jalen has not hurt the raptors record at all. There's really three main things that have hurt the raptors record since the trade --

1. Vince taking the year off, he's not playing near what he is capable of, and he's been VERY inconsistent, especially as of late.

2. Rebounding. Everyone knew this would be a big concern after the trade, well it's much worse than i thought. I think we'll grab a nice big before the deadline though.

3. Taking Outside Shots. We consistently take outside jumpers, but when we take it inside and get to the foul line, we're deadly.

The only players that have actually played with determination and heart this season are Jalen Rose, Donyell Marshall, Alvin Williams, and the 19 year old rookie who seems sometimes to be the only one wanting to win, Chris Bosh.

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Originally posted by <b>hellbot</b>!

1. Vince taking the year off, he's not playing near what he is capable of, and he's been VERY inconsistent, especially as of late.
Vince Carter has turned into a more talented ERob. Or Grant Hill. If any of the clubs are still counting on any of these three to be healthy, then they deserve to lose.

2. Rebounding. Everyone knew this would be a big concern after the trade, well it's much worse than i thought. I think we'll grab a nice big before the deadline though.
Can't see how Rose isn't at least partially to blame for this. He rebounds like my grandmother, but with less effort.

3. Taking Outside Shots. We consistently take outside jumpers, but when we take it inside and get to the foul line, we're deadly.
And Rose's shots are from where, mostly? OUTSIDE!

4. Lack of defensive intensity. Since the trade we've given up over twenty points a game more than before the trade
Okay, I made that one up. hellbot! didn't write it, I did. But it's true. It's amazing how Jalen can say all of this stuff without accepting at least part of the blame. We're a better club now that he's gone. Good riddance.

Enjoy the beating that the "worst team in the league" just handed you, Jalen.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!
"They're the worst team in the league, currently,''

Guess who you lost to? :rolleyes:

They're still trying to find an identity, a player or two who can come out and bring a consistent effort every night. ''
Kirk Hinrich is the leader and best player on this team. He brings the same thing every night, and while it's likely that players more offensively talented than he will be brought in---it's his play on court more than anyone elses that the organization is going to use as a model for how they should perform every night and it's his example that will be the measuring rod as to whether or not they remain Chicago Bulls.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Re: Re: Rose Sticks It to Chicago

Just to play Devils advocate a little. Isnt he right. I know a few Bulls posters touched on the fact that he was right in some areas and everyone else whined and complained. As a "basketball fan"I would think that you guys would be more objective and look at what he said as face value

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wynn</b>!

Vince Carter has turned into a more talented ERob. Or Grant Hill. If any of the clubs are still counting on any of these three to be healthy, then they deserve to lose.
Injuries have not been Vince's problem at all this year. He only missed those 3 out of the 42 games from that quadriceps strain. Vince's problem is lack of intensity and leadership, If he had the desire and heart our coach, Jalen or Bosh had, he'd be the best player in the league this year. I think he's the most talented player in the league, he just doesn't have the mentality to use it.

Can't see how Rose isn't at least partially to blame for this. He rebounds like my grandmother, but with less effort.
Sadly Rose has been probably our best rebounding Guard. He's actually an alright rebounder, nothing special, but above average for a Guard. No one's to blame, it's the lack of big men.

And Rose's shots are from where, mostly? OUTSIDE!
I wouldn't even say most of his shots are from the outside, he'll take about 5-6 outside shots a game, most of them go in. But what I love about Jalen is how he posts up the smaller opponent and almost always gets to the line or gets an easy layup. He did that against Crawford/Brunson today a lot.

Okay, I made that one up. hellbot! didn't write it, I did. But it's true. It's amazing how Jalen can say all of this stuff without accepting at least part of the blame. We're a better club now that he's gone. Good riddance.
The defensive intensity part is right. Our defense was back and we were using it really well until the past 2-3 games where we have given up a lot of points on excellent fg percentage. The best raptor basketball is when the offense is flowing, like the first 5 games after the trade. I don't really think the defensive scheme works that well for this team.

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
What a great reply to my reply!

;)

Originally posted by <b>hellbot</b>!

Injuries have not been Vince's problem at all this year. He only missed those 3 out of the 42 games from that quadriceps strain. Vince's problem is lack of intensity and leadership, If he had the desire and heart our coach, Jalen or Bosh had, he'd be the best player in the league this year. I think he's the most talented player in the league, he just doesn't have the mentality to use it.
True. I guess I'm thinking more in the vein that it's about time Carter lived up to his hype. In the past it's been injury, now it's intensity. Vince is dangerously close to being placed in the "Wynn's! fundamentally flawed player" category. Toronto counts this chicken every year, but it has yet to hatch.

Sadly Rose has been probably our best rebounding Guard. He's actually an alright rebounder, nothing special, but above average for a Guard. No one's to blame, it's the lack of big men.
Judging from your posts, Jalen has stepped up his game since the move. Hopefully that's permanent, but I doubt it. Indirectly, Rose was acquired at the expense of rebounding (AD & JYD do that very well), so he's only partially to blame. I saw tonight that Jalen had an offensive rebound in the final minutes when they were making a run at us, so I have to give him credit there. Still, the no effort Jalen who left Chicago is too strongly burnt into my mind for me to feel that he's even halfway decent a rebounder, no matter what position.

I wouldn't even say most of his shots are from the outside, he'll take about 5-6 outside shots a game, most of them go in. But what I love about Jalen is how he posts up the smaller opponent and almost always gets to the line or gets an easy layup. He did that against Crawford/Brunson today a lot.
This is also a change since he left Chicago. Admittedly I haven't followed Jalen since the trade (hated having to follow him when he was here!). Too many times Jalen was satisfied settling for a highly contested jumper through a triple team than to go for the rim or pass to the open man.

The defensive intensity part is right. Our defense was back and we were using it really well until the past 2-3 games where we have given up a lot of points on excellent fg percentage. The best raptor basketball is when the offense is flowing, like the first 5 games after the trade. I don't really think the defensive scheme works that well for this team.
I haven't seen a scheme yet that works well for Jalen.

I'm glad you like him, and hope he helps Toronto. He was a real area for debate as a Bull, both in coming and in going. I was against acquiring him, and warmed up to him when he first arrived. Then his goal seemed to be to help set up the other guys and get his points within the flow of the game. Last season, though, and the beginning of this, he seemed very selfish on the court, very lazy on and off the court, and seems he made very poor decisions with the ball. Hopefully that doesn't come out in Toronto, but I'd be wary.

Off the court, the guy is great. By all accounts he's a very nice person. He also goes out of his way to give to the community and to be a positive public role model. It was difficult for me to dislike his game so much and appreciate his humanitarianism at the same time.

All that said, I'm glad he's gone. Let him be someone else's problem.

·
Train Em While Young.....
3,628 Posts
haha, I was at the game and I had a great time booing him. I may have even started most of the boos....

:D :D

And if anyone is gonna ***** at me... he was a great guy off the court... but horrible to watch on it when he was on the Bulls.

·
Registered
372 Posts
you guys know what??
Jalen is right, the bulls need players that are consistent, and a leader.

by what I saw from today's game, I think Crawford is a ball hog.
we were undersized in the front court, so Curry should've had more touches.

I thought curry played well in the first quarter, but disapeared in the end.

Crawford is sometimes really good, but sometimes he really sux, you guys need a true leader really badly.

if somehow you guys get Kobe next season, you guys might make the playoffs.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MangoMangoMango</b>!
you guys know what??
Jalen is right, the bulls need players that are consistent, and a leader.

by what I saw from today's game, I think Crawford is a ball hog.
we were undersized in the front court, so Curry should've had more touches.

I thought curry played well in the first quarter, but disapeared in the end.

Crawford is sometimes really good, but sometimes he really sux, you guys need a true leader really badly.

if somehow you guys get Kobe next season, you guys might make the playoffs.
We have needed a leader for a long time. Even when Rose was here. Rose is a good second or third option but is no leader. He was not here during the summers. But yes he is right as far as we need a leader. But he should have included himself when he played with us and it was true then!

Ballhog with 14 shots??? Do you know Jalen averaged over 20 shots a game with us? Carter had 23 shots. What do you call that? Actually Jamal has taken more shots in a game before. But then you did know, pippen and Gill and Robinson were hurt? Add chandler in the mix as well and someone needed to take the shots. 14 is a small number for Jamal.

I agree with the fact that Curry should have had more touches. Many of us are very concerned about the fact that either the bulls players forget about him or Curry gets tired and does not demand the ball. He disappeared offensively in the second half. He is out of shape. It shows.

Yep Crawford learned from Rose. I am not trying to be difficult here but Jamal did learn from Rose. Bad shots, no defense. When Jamal is on, he is very, very good. But he can suck as you put it. Similar to Rose. When rose is off, he is bad.

Actually, Crawford played a nice game for us. Out played Rose.

27 pts 5 rebounds 7 assists,
Rose 22, 2 rebounds and 2 assists.

bosh is a nice player by the way.

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
http://www.lincolncourier.com/sports/04/01/26/sd.asp

"We don't feel like we're the worst team," Jamal Crawford said. "We feel like we're a good team, actually. We've just had some tough breaks."

"Jalen, that's my man. I love Jalen," Eddy Curry said. "But he said some pretty harsh comments."

Even though Toronto reporters say Rose made the statement during a post-practice ramble last Thursday, Rose claimed Sunday that he never uttered the words.

"It was just media play," he said. "I hope it sells some papers."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.