Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Seems our old friend guaranteed a win against us. When he lost he still talked smack.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_...k1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0aA--?gid=2005032328&prov=ap

Eddy Curry scored 16 points and led the Chicago Bulls to their eighth straight win over the Raptors, 94-85 Wednesday night.

``It feels good to beat these guys, especially when you arrive in your hotel room last night and see Jalen Rose on TV guaranteeing a win,'' Curry said. ``That's even more incentive. At this point we just wished

Rose shrugged off the Bulls' postgame comments.

``They wouldn't have said that if they lost,'' Rose said. ``If they need me to say something to get them motivated to play, they'll be getting bounced in the first round.''

:rolleyes: :confused:

hey Jalen.....psstt......another season not being in the playoffs? Bitter? awwweee so sorry.

As for your prophecies, so far none have come true. But lets say this one does come true...at least we made the playoffs.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Whine Jalen , whine, I am so glad you're doing it somewhere else.
I am now amused by Jalen, I was loving the tantrum he had on the court while kneeling and banging his hands on the Shaq Circle demanding a blocking foul.
That's the Jalen I know and love, drive the lane, throw up weak #$%^ and then whine when no one wants to call the foul.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Jalen talking smack after another shot-chucking performance and defeat? Shocking.

Had the Raptors brought him off the bench and actually won the game, Rose would have whined about that too.

I really don't think winning and losing actually mean all that much to Jalen at this point in his career.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Comical.

Any one of our players would be lucky to accomplish what Jalen has in the league.

Jalen is shooting 46% this season.

"shot-chucking?"

ha.

Better than Jermaine O' Neal, Dirk, Joe Johnson....

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
kukoc4ever said:
Comical.

Any one of our players would be lucky to accomplish what Jalen has in the league.
What by the way has Jalen accomplished is the league that the young Bulls players should look aspire too?

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
le't stay on topic here guys. It is not about what Jalen has done on an individual basis, it is Jalen talking smack and being a prophet before and after the game. After the loss instead of admitting the win by us he brings up Curry's comment and then says we will lose in the first round if that is what it takes to get us motivated.

This team has played hard all year long. Getting to the playoffs is a major victory in itself considering the 0-9 start.

We beat them without having Hinirch and we beat them at their home, soundly. All Jalen can say is...."oh yeah?? They will lose in the first round."

All that I am saying is, at least we made the playoffs. Jalen hasn't been there in a while now.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
kukoc4ever said:
Lead a team to the NBA Finals.
Yeah he put the Pacers on his back and carried them to the promised land. That season the Pace made it to the Finals was because he actually played a lesser role on a very good team.

·
Registered
31,975 Posts
L.O.B said:
Yeah he put the Pacers on his back and carried them to the promised land. That season the Pace made it to the Finals was because he actually played a lesser role on a very good team.
The Pacers were in the east conference finals three straight years with Rose, and made it to the finals once.

They were 39-43 his first season with Indy. 58-24 (.707) his second season, 33-17 (.660) his third, and 56-23 (.683) his fourth.

Rose was the team's leading scorer in 1999-00 when they went to the finals. I suppose that's a lesser role.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Don't forget that Jalen put the Bulls on his back and led them to 30 wins.

He played a huge role there too.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
superdave said:
Don't forget that Jalen put the Bulls on his back and led them to 30 wins.

He played a huge role there too.
Of course... any fair analysis would also consider the caliber and experience level of his teammates.

Even TMAC could not make Magic happen in Orlando.

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
L.O.B said:
Whine Jalen , whine, I am so glad you're doing it somewhere else.
I am now amused by Jalen, I was loving the tantrum he had on the court while kneeling and banging his hands on the Shaq Circle demanding a blocking foul.
That's the Jalen I know and love, drive the lane, throw up weak #$%^ and then whine when no one wants to call the foul.
"Technically" the refs should have ejected him from the game for that bit of theater, since he already had tech #1 in Q1.

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
DaBullz said:
It's tough to soar like an eagle when your teammates are turkeys.
I think that's a little unfair. I don't think Jalen was enough of a turkey to keep the team down all by himself. There were a couple of other turkeys on the squad that season, too.

Let's quit the Jalen hatin'!

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
I can kind of understand the Crawford love because of the sizzle and the raw talent. Plus, he's a likeable guy. Even though I don't care for his game, I can at least begin to understand why some Bulls fans wish he hadn't been traded.

But for the life of me, I can't fathom why a Bulls fan would lament Jalen's absence or defend him when he talks trash about the Bulls. Especially after watching him act like such a little beyatch in every game he plays against the Bulls. I just don't get it. There is no player in the entire history of the organization that I was happier to see leave than Jalen. His behaviour and outright lack of success since juxtaposed with the Bulls' rise continues to validate that. Trading him is #1 on top of the list of reasons why Paxson is a godsend at GM.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
I was kind of scared that Jalen's comments would have motivated the other team.
Yes he was obviously frustrated near the end of the game, and it was obvious by that last second shot that he took, but can you blame him?
He's been through a lot this season for the Raptors, his teammate being traded, him being demoted to the bench, etc..
What makes matters worst is that Toronto hasn't beaten Chicago since that trade, and Jalen Rose wanted to make a statement to motivate his players, and maybe it motivated the Bulls who knows, but I doubt they would have said anything about being motivated by Jalen's comments if they had lost.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
Wynn said:
I think that's a little unfair. I don't think Jalen was enough of a turkey to keep the team down all by himself. There were a couple of other turkeys on the squad that season, too.

Let's quit the Jalen hatin'!
I agree. I like Jalen, the person, I just didn't like Jalen's game as a fit on this team. He could be a vaulable piece to the puzzle as a second or third option. I just don't like him playing the role of team leader.

He's good with the media, and says the right things. However, I question his competitive spirit. If he had a good performance, he seems happy. If he had a poor performance, he always comments that he needed to step it up more, win or lose.

He seems to me to be the guy that shows up to work and does his job night in and night out to the best of his ability. He puts up good numbers, but I never got the feeling that he made his teammates better. A nice player to have to complement an established star and already team leader. But trying to fill that role himself, no.

Much like Vince Carter...

1 - 20 of 75 Posts