Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Jordan can play, so can Conroy. I really hope Will makes the opening day roster next year because I think he has what it takes to be a solid NBA back-up.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
HKF said:
If Daniel Ewing can't play in the NBA, what makes them think Jared Jordan can? Will Conroy better be on the roster.
Ewing isn't, and never was a PG (even at Duke he played SG mostly)... I thought he showed the potential to be a decent scorer and defender, but Ross is a good defender (at 1,2 or 3) and is the most reliable mid-range shooter (on the catch, which was his go-to "move") on the team after EB (once he got healthy) and maybe Cassell (when his legs are working he's better IMO).

Jared Jordan is as pure a PG as there is, and he has a great mind and feel. On the flip side, he's in the bottom 5% athletically (maybe worse) and isn't a good shooter (not a terrible shooter, just not good). I hated Andre Miller with his capacity and hype when he was a Clipper, but I think Jordan can develop into a poor-man's version, albeit as a humble young guy not looking for the 50 mil payday the next year. If he shows that he can make a shot when he isn't double-teamed, he'll be a nice career back-up...

Personally, I'm holding out for Jamont Gordon or Darren Collison next year (both should go near the #10 to #18 range where the Clipps are likely to have one or two picks). Collison has the physical limitations, and Gordon is exactly the opposite... And I of course wouldn't send back Rose or Gordon.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Re: Dumblevy Is A Cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MR. VADA said:
sorry Da Franchise that was directed to laidout (what i'd do to his a** if we met...)
i respect your posts, you've never offended me...i'm gonna try to keep it strictly basketball from here on. just respect my right to type and voice my opinion...the only person i have a prob with is laidout cause he likes to insult other peoples intelligence...vada
wtf? Who is this clown? Go back to the Lakers board, kid.

·
Registered
187 Posts
yamaneko said:
so its down to conroy/diaz/jordan for the last PG spot on the team.
Baylor will get another experienced PG before the beginning of the season, most likely Jason Hart, so the cupboard isn't bare by any means. Diaz has all but made the team, even though I expect him to play more of SG than PG, and I wouldn't be suprised if 2 of those 3 players you mentioned made the team. Hopefully we can get an extra roster spot and pardon for Shaun Livingston, but I think we'll end up keeping Diaz and Jordan while Anaheim makes Conroy it's 1st Round pick in the NBDL Draft, but I can also easily see Jordan stashed somewhere in Europe until he gets more experience.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts