Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been a topic of conversation for the last couple seasons but I think now it is becoming an issue. The reason I say that is last season we had a good team but our subs were just that SUBS and our starters were our Starters. They (starters) could start on many teams in the league but our subs would be subs everywhere.

This season is different we have much more talent and we need to make a couple minor moves to trade a couple swing players for a quality big man mainly a Good C. I know Lorenzen has been good but everyone knows he is a PF playing C. Jake is BIG but not very good. Pau is soft but is well suited for the PF spot, Stro is much more physical but is also a PF. Someone has to go....

Right now we have...

Centers
Jake- Big but not very good, good to have in the west.
Lorenzen- A PF playing C b/c he is our best C. Decent but not a starter.

Power Forwards
Pau- Our building block, needs more shots and weight. Needs to get more physical and get a little more emphatic.
Stro- Could be our starter if he got more minutes, he is getting better day by day. Can rebound,block shots, and can (sometimes) score.
Bo- Great backup, that is high energy and plays awesome D. Is an asset to our b/u unit although he is overpaid.
Humphrey- Is a solid inside defender that hustles but doesnt get much PT at all.

Small Forward / Shooting Guards
Miller- Which Mike will show up? That is the question game by game. We need more consistency from him but he is a quality player that could start on many teams.
Posey- Is our starter but should be our back-up. He is athletic and good defensively but is again inconsistent on O. Might be overpaid and I doubt JWest would sign him again after we got Bonzi.
Bonzi- Should be our starting SG. He also is very athletic and seems to have his head on his shoulders now that he is around good people.
Battier- Is a GREAT 6th man. He hustles, and does all the little things that make us good. Should not be traded ever and should be resigned.
Theron- Good young scorer that is good enough to play just doesnt get much time due to our depth.
Dahntay- Good young rook that needs more time and will get it as he gets better.

Point Guards
JWill- Is our starter and has been in top 5 in ast/gm and ast per TO ratio/gm the last 2yrs in a row. Needs to continue to keep TO down and keep the team in a running flow. Runs our O nicely.
Earl- Quality backup that plays good D and reminds me alot of a smaller version of Battier. He needs to be our defensive stopper on smaller guards but has problems getting the offense going.
Bell- See Jones.

Possible moves
Outlaw,Posey,Humphrey for Z.
We do this b/c we need a good C and Z is good. He is injury prone but we would still have Lo as a b/u. Cleveland does it b/c Posey is a quality SF that can defend and score and Bo is a quality guy that is good to have in the locker room with young bron and Humprey is a throw in-if needed we could add a future pick. Trade works via realgm.
Swift, Posey and Hump for Dampier.We do this b/c again he is a quality defensive C that will help on the boards and they do it b/c Swift is a good young PF,Posey is a good young SF that can defend and is good person and Hump is a fill in.Works via realgm
Cato- Another good defensive C that will bang and help on the boards. Same deal as Z works via realgm
Haywood/Thomas- I couldnt find a good deal for them but I am sure JWest could. Both will fill the void for defense and rebounding not to mention at least Haywood is a 7footer.
Swift, Posey, and Hump for Ratliff. ATL does this b/c they need to rebuild and Swift is young and athletic and we be a good fit with JT. Swift could play C in the east and be pretty good. Posey is as mentioned above and Ratliff for us would be a GREAT shotblocker next to Pau and plays crazy D.Works via realgm
Swift,Posey, and Watson for Camby and Boykins We do this b/c Camby is similar to Ratliff and Boykins is a better all-around player than Watson. Denver does it b/c they need solid vets and Posey is just that and Swift is a good young player that needs PT and in Denv could get it. Nene,Swift, Carmelo, Posey and Watson would be a pretty nice starting 5.Works via realgm

WOW this took a while but I think it was worth it, any comments?

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have really enjoy this post

I agree with most of the things that I've read here.

The trades that you have posted are good, I really like the last one with camby and boykins. The Ratcliff one is good to.

Have you tried to do these trades including Big Jake, perhaps we can use stro in another trade and I think he has more trade value that these trades shown... Just an opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Well, according to ESPN "experts" (Chad Ford), our players currently on the block are Battier, Swift, and Watson. So maybe we should look to include Battier in trades rather than Posey.

I'd love to have Erick Dampier. I think Pau would be significantly better playing next to a center similar to Damp or possibly Ratliff and Camby.

The thought of Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Pau Gasol on the court at the same time scares me to be honest. Z's defense is absolutely horrible. That's why he's been in the doghouse in Cleveland. He's great offensively, however.

Great post, whiteboy.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>talula</b>!
Well, according to ESPN "experts" (Chad Ford), our players currently on the block are Battier, Swift, and Watson. So maybe we should look to include Battier in trades rather than Posey.

I'd love to have Erick Dampier. I think Pau would be significantly better playing next to a center similar to Damp or possibly Ratliff and Camby.

The thought of Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Pau Gasol on the court at the same time scares me to be honest. Z's defense is absolutely horrible. That's why he's been in the doghouse in Cleveland. He's great offensively, however.

Great post, whiteboy.
:rofl: ESPN "experts". They no very little. I think it's clear that Battier is the most protected player on this team. No way in hell he gets traded. And as long as Stro keeps playing like he is recently, I highly doubt he'll be traded either. He brings a spark of agression and athleticism to the post for the Grizz off the bench like nobody else on the team can.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jerry West would trade his own mother if it would make us a better team.
You could be right, he would just might do it!

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
dont trade Outlaw look what happened to the Suns and MAgic he improves teams when he is there. There is no way the Nuggets will trade Boykins he is the second best player on the team.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I don't think any player is protected at all. Jerry West would trade his own mother if it would make us a better team.

:rofl:

This is the truth!!!

Go Jerry west!!!:rofl:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Whiteboy's Dampier senario seems very possible to me.

If the Grizzlies trade for "Z', I think that they should include Gasol instead of Swift. Swift and Z' might be a good tamdem and Gasol and Dampier would be a viable duo. But like Talula, the thought of Z and Gasol together is scary.

I like Shane and Bo and hope that they stay since they are team players and both create waves. I was disappointed to read that Watson complained about playing time. I wonder if how Hubie and Jerry really feel about this. His playing time has really dropped off.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
I don't think any player is protected at all. Jerry West would trade his own mother if it would make us a better team.
I don't mean that Battier will never be traded, but I doubt West would ever trade Battier, out of all the players on the team, unless it was for a superstar-like player, and I doubt any team with a superstar would trade him for Battier. All of this simply because Battier is an all around player. He plays D, shoots, hustles, rebounds, and hell, he can even player center. In the NBA. He's also great for the community. I don't see West trading him any time soon.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
If we're ever going to make a serious upgrade, Battier will more than likely have to be included. I don't think we have a player good enough to consistently deserve 35+ minutes per game, so I certainly don't think we have a player that is protected in the slightest.

But I understand what you're saying UK, I don't think he would trade Shane Battier for Darius Miles or Marcus Fizer either. I think it would only be for someone that would make us significantly better in order to avoid a PR backlash.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
grizzhoops, what do I have to do to get you to post more often? :grinning:

I'm with you about being disappointed in Earl. I don't think he should have been benched, but what kind of person publicly complains about his minutes after the first and only time it has ever occured? That just didn't sit well with me at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts