Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Here, Here HKF. I got out of bed and came over and started posting at 1:10 am EST and I don't have an allegience to either team. It was just such a terrible thing for basketball in general. Like I posted before, the boos raining down on this east coast team in an east coast venue prove that we weren't the only basketball diehards that were upset by this "game"..

· Yes, please.
16,621 Posts
HKF said:
This is what pisses me off. The fact that ESPN wouldn't even address at how one sided the officiating was. Not only was it one-sided. It was like the officials were on the take. Now people can deny it, but I have never been this hot after a game that has no rooting interest for myself.

Neutral observers were watching a gift win for UConn. If they win the title, I will be sick.
Gottlieb was trying to rip into them, but he was interrupted by ESPN schill Digger Phelps every 2 seconds.

· Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Well I hate UConn and I think the refs gave them the title in 99,but that doesn't change anything.If the game is called reasonably right I won't complain.Even when it's called wrong I'm okay if it's called wrong both ways.The officials have a tough job and they are never going to be perfect.Usually they do a pretty decent job.

Tonight I have to really question the entire legitimacy of the system.This wasn't just a badly called game and it wasn't just a little one sided.It was one bad call after another,and they coincidentally all helped UConn erase a deficit and then pull out a win in a game in which they were pretty much outplayed from start to finish.That just doesn't sit well with me at all.Washington won that game between the lines and they had it stolen from them.Whether or not it was stolen from them by malfeasance or monumental incompetence is the only question in my mind.

· _(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
27,987 Posts
jmk said:
Gottlieb was trying to rip into them, but he was interrupted by ESPN schill Digger Phelps every 2 seconds.
Someone has to stop Digger Phelps from coordinating his tie with his goddamn highlighter. It's ****in' stupid.

And I don't even want to talk about the game. Just ****in' wow.

· Premium Member
27,243 Posts
To the Washington fans here (if any!) - Ya'll deserved to win, there's no doubting that.. after the brutal officiating of the game you guys won, let's just say.. I was pissed.. couple days later I'm better somewhat.. It'll take quite some time.. knowing that as Illini and Huskies fans, George Mason is the team to beat to go to the Final 4? UGH!!! .. I know, I know.. GM isnt that bad at all though!

While you wanna file a complaint right now, I feel the misery!

· Registered
1,414 Posts
This was one of my favourite Washington teams. Dentmon, Williams, Roy, Appleby, Jensen, Brockman, B. Jones - it was a great team. Sad to see them lose this way.

When Washington was down by 5 in OT and Appleby hit that 3, then stole the inbounds pass I thought they could pull off the impossible. But then a huskie player threw it away with a bad pass and the run was over. Very heartwrenching sequence.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.