Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After tonights (4/8) victory over the Knicks, the Bulls are 2 games ahead of Indiana at the fourth spot. Indiana and Washington are tied up with Indy winning the tie breaker (making them the fifth seed).

We get a chance to play both of these teams before the playoffs.

The way Indiana and Washington have played lately you have to think Indiana will hold down that 5 spot. I think that a series with Indiana would be a great matchup for the Bulls, without Bender, JO and Artest this team does not scare me. They are playing very good right now, but so are we and I expect Curry to be ready for the playoffs, making us much better up front. And Indiana doesn't have great post up guards that can hurt Kirk and Ben (because right now they are forced to play Stephen Jackson at the 3).

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Jermaine is supposed to be back in the playoffs, but I don't know why ANYONE would want to play Reggie Miller in his last playoff stand. You think the refs aren't going to give the Pacers all the calls?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Bulls histroy against these Wizards scares me. Arenas is one of the notorious small guards that absolutley kill the Bulls. Seriously Reggie Miller is not going to be the guy that takes us out. If JO is healthy then I would much rather go up against Washington.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Hustle said:
The Bulls histroy against these Wizards scares me. Arenas is one of the notorious small guards that absolutley kill the Bulls. Seriously Reggie Miller is not going to be the guy that takes us out. If JO is healthy then I would much rather go up against Washington.
I'm not worried about Washington...who cares if Arenas scores 40 ppg in a series? Beyond him, Hughes, and Jamison, they have NOBODY. Their frontcourt is atrocious, which would be a huge plus for our inside-outside style of offense. Let Arenas score his points...worry about the other guys beating you. One guy cannot single-handedly carry a team through a 7-game series...not even MJ was able to do that.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
If I where a Bulls fan I would rather face the Wiz.

The Pacers don't have a great scoring front count, outside of JO, but they can all rebound and play good D. They also have some good back court scoring in Miller, Jackson, and Jones. There is also Tinsley when he's healthy but...

The Wiz on the other hand are a good off. team that can't play defense. If the Bulls can score efficiency while holding the Wiz below their season scoring average then Chi should have an easy series.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Hustle said:
without Bender, JO and Artest this team does not scare me.
Do you know that Bender is horrible and will likely miss the rest of his career due to injuries? He's not worth mentioning. Jamaal Tinsley, is however. JO should be coming back somewhere around the 1st round/end of season and Tinsley could come back any time.

·
BAIT
12,946 Posts
I want to face the Pacers, for no other reason than to renew the flair of our rivalry.

I'm sure it'd be great to watch. Win or lose.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
The Pacers are scary good right now, I think we'll beat the Wizards, but I'm not so sure about Indiana. Reggie is going to be fired up and he'll probably get a lot of calls, mix that with the return og Tinsley and Jermaine O'Neal and you have a very scary team. I like our chances against Washington if Eddy is ready, he'll destroy that front court completely.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
I'd rather play the WIZ. I think we can beat both the Pacers and the Wiz.

But... above all..... I wish we were the 6 seed.

·
Registered
709 Posts
kukoc4ever said:
I'd rather play the WIZ. I think we can beat both the Pacers and the Wiz.

But... above all..... I wish we were the 6 seed.
We'd have to give up a few exclamation points from your sig and I'm not sure I'd want to give that up. :wink:

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
badfish said:
We'd have to give up a few exclamation points from your sig and I'm not sure I'd want to give that up. :wink:

Haha.

Honestly, if the Bulls were the 6 seed I think we'd have a better chance to make it to the finals.

We'd still could have home court against the celtics and we'd avoid SHAQ and DWADE until the ECF.... maybe they would get knocked off before we’d play them. Pacers play them tough. Pacers have been smoking Washington as of late as well.

TANK THE GAMES!!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Anima said:
If I where a Bulls fan I would rather face the Wiz.

The Pacers don't have a great scoring front count, outside of JO, but they can all rebound and play good D. They also have some good back court scoring in Miller, Jackson, and Jones. There is also Tinsley when he's healthy but...
And a great coach....

:angel:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts