Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a fourth(longest Big East winning streak in a school history) win in a row RU moves into the 4th place in the Big East.And thrilling over time victory overtime win over Miami. Bring on Seton Hall!:D :D :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well, they've been playing pretty well but beating Miami by 2 at home doesn't really impress that much. It is good to win when you don't play your best game. I still think its crucial that RU gets one of the next two road games.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
One thing is for certain - the Big East is one tough conference. The top is certainly right there with pretty much any other conference, with Providence, UConn, Pitt, and Seton Hall. But even the middle to lower end of the pack is tough. St John's is really the only gimmee win on the slate.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The RAC is one of the toughest places to play in. Rutgers is 10-1 at home, and we should make note that the only loss was by one point to UCONN.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Coach Waters said in the paper today he thinks RU is in if they win 6 of 7 then get 1 in BE tourney. He says if they win 5 of 7 they need to in BE tourney. After the SHU game I looked at their schedule and figured the exact number he did.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont know about that, after a little 2 game losing streak RU went on a 30 -0 run to defeat VT yesterday ,14-8 is pretty good for a team at the start of the year picked to finish next to last in the Big East.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Originally posted by <b>blabla97</b>!
One thing is for certain - the Big East is one tough conference. The top is certainly right there with pretty much any other conference, with Providence, UConn, Pitt, and Seton Hall. But even the middle to lower end of the pack is tough. St John's is really the only gimmee win on the slate.
I dont think any conference comes close to comparing with the ACC this year.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

When the ACC has Va Tech, Miami, and BC and we get Marquette, Louisville, Cincinatti, Depaul, and USF i think the BE will be alot better.:D

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ScarletKev</b>!
amen to that...The Big East could get 8 teams in the big dance
I said this year and this year the ACC is easily better than any other conference. They are pretty much guarenteed to get 7 teams in. #3 Duke, #13 N.C. State, #15 Wake, #16 UNC, #18 Ga. Tech, FSU, and Maryland.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey jmk,

Anything goin' on in the ACC message boards? Here you go again, the ol' ACC vs. Big East debate...Nothing personal, but I do beleive that the topic is RU=hottest team in the Big East.

My two cents, the hottest team in the Big East is Seton Hall. Both RU and SH are a tough nut to crack at home, but come on, SH beat Rutgers 85-58.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Seton Hall? They lost their last two?

Hottest team in the Big East?? Easily Notre Dame... UConn, Seton Hall, Syracuse down in order...

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Black n Gold</b>!
Hey jmk,

Anything goin' on in the ACC message boards? Here you go again, the ol' ACC vs. Big East debate...Nothing personal, but I do beleive that the topic is RU=hottest team in the Big East.

My two cents, the hottest team in the Big East is Seton Hall. Both RU and SH are a tough nut to crack at home, but come on, SH beat Rutgers 85-58.
Here I go again? What in the world are you talking about? I barely ever post on this board. Anyways, I did not bring up the subject. Someone else said something to the extent that the BE stands up to anyone.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here I go again? What in the world are you talking about? I barely ever post on this board. Anyways, I did not bring up the subject. Someone else said something to the extent that the BE stands up to anyone.
OK....as we all know, the ACC v. Big East debate is a lively one. After someone posted that the Big East is solid top to bottom you decided to jump in saying:
That's usually asking for something...but enough of this already.

Notre Dame should make the grade and we will be seeing them in March (unless they just don't show up in the tournament).

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Black n Gold</b>!

OK....as we all know, the ACC v. Big East debate is a lively one. After someone posted that the Big East is solid top to bottom you decided to jump in saying:

That's usually asking for something...but enough of this already.

Notre Dame should make the grade and we will be seeing them in March (unless they just don't show up in the tournament).
Actually youre a bit off:

Originally posted by blabla97!
One thing is for certain - the Big East is one tough conference. The top is certainly right there with pretty much any other conference, with Providence, UConn, Pitt, and Seton Hall.
I didnt ask for anything, and youre looking way too deep into this. He said "the top is certainly right there with pretty much any other conference", which in my opinion, is completely wrong. No offense, but I dont find those 4 comparable to the ACC. The ACC has just been unbelievable this year. Any of the top 7 ACC teams could and would be #1 teams in most other conferences.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The ACC is filled with the most overrated teams in the country... North Carolina, Wake Forest, and Georgia Tech are not as good as ACC fans and the media make them out to be. You have Duke, which is the best team in the country. NC St and Florida State are both solid teams. How is UNC even still ranked? Seems like they are losing everytime they are on TV, and they will still make the tourney just because they are the Tar Heels... WF and GTech are both underachieving. It's a good thing Wake beat Cincy the other night or they would have been in trouble... The ACC isn't as good as you all make it out to be...

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bu72ny</b>!
Rutgers laid a big egg today......lost by 30 to Boston College.
Eagles played great defense today. I really hope BC gets into the tournament for Uka. He deserves it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts