Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
The salary numbers don't work for a straight trade of Patterson for Taylor. Taylor makes $9.1 mil this year, while Patterson's at $6.3 mil. The Blazers would have to add another player.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
e_blazer1 said:
The salary numbers don't work for a straight trade of Patterson for Taylor. Taylor makes $9.1 mil this year, while Patterson's at $6.3 mil. The Blazers would have to add another player.
Actually theres the whole trade kicker thing which factors into the trade numbers as well...But still doesn't make them matchup.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
with trade kicker his value is about $8.3 ($6.3 mil + 15% of remaning balance of total salary = trade kicker or $1.9 mil).... that is within 25% of $9.1 mil

don't see why it would not work :whoknows: no other player needed

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Trader Bob said:
with trade kicker his value is about $8.3 ($6.3 mil + 15% of remaning balance of total salary = trade kicker or $1.9 mil).... that is within 25% of $9.1 mil

don't see why it would not work :whoknows: no other player needed
Because the 8.3 only counts as incoming to NY, his regular salary is the salary used to figure incoming for Portland...Larry **** #84

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
ahhhhh ok..... got it.. thank you Schilly

much like a BYC status problem.... a bit tricky... throws us a curve :D

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
since he has a player option.... does the bonus only apply to this year? meaning his value is about $7.3 mil instead?

·
Registered
555 Posts
add darius theo or randolph :biggrin:

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Trader Bob said:
since he has a player option.... does the bonus only apply to this year? meaning his value is about $7.3 mil instead?
His whole bonus applies to this year....Again we don't know for sure what the Bonus value is, just that its a maximum of about 2mil....

8.3mil value to receiving team
6.3 mil for us

Now Ruben can agree to waive as much of the kicker as is necessary to make a deal work..so if the trade were for a player with vallue of about 6.8 mil Ruben can waive as much of the Kicker as necessary to make that deal work.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I'm confused. How does Ruben Patterson answer the Knicks PG problems? The whole article focuses on the PG position and the TO's they'v been committing. Then, Brown says they need to "Grind it out even more". Patterson is an uptempo energy player, not a half-court grind out guy. He likes to get in the passing lanes, dive after balls, reach in and make steals, and run. I understand that the Knicks may be interested with him, but he's not going to help their PG issues or make them a half court grind-it-out team.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
kaydow said:
I'm confused. How does Ruben Patterson answer the Knicks PG problems? The whole article focuses on the PG position and the TO's they'v been committing. Then, Brown says they need to "Grind it out even more". Patterson is an uptempo energy player, not a half-court grind out guy. He likes to get in the passing lanes, dive after balls, reach in and make steals, and run. I understand that the Knicks may be interested with him, but he's not going to help their PG issues or make them a half court grind-it-out team.
It looked like the Ruben part was just a add on and had nothing to do with the rest of the article. As he said they've wanted him for a while.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
graybeard said:
I just checked RealGM. Ruben and Steve Blake works for Mo Taylor. New York would get a point guard and small forward. Thoughts?
It'd still make more sense, in my opinion, just to waive Ruben and sign a FA PF. Mo' Taylor isn't worth giving up an extra player--even when it is Steve Blake that we're talkin' about. To me, it'd make a lot more sense to just waive Ruben (assuming the above trade is THE BEST offer we could find for him). For one, our payroll wouldn't go up over the next two years as a result of the acquisition. We'd also still have Steve Blake for insurance at the PG position (in case one of our guys happens to go down). Also, we'd clear a roster spot so that we could sign a FA PF/C.

I'd much rather go this route, than trade Ruben and Blake for Mo.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
CanJohno said:
It'd still make more sense, in my opinion, just to waive Ruben and sign a FA PF. Mo' Taylor isn't worth giving up an extra player--even when it is Steve Blake that we're talkin' about. To me, it'd make a lot more sense to just waive Ruben (assuming the above trade is THE BEST offer we could find for him). For one, our payroll wouldn't go up over the next two years as a result of the acquisition. We'd also still have Steve Blake for insurance at the PG position (in case one of our guys happens to go down). Also, we'd clear a roster spot so that we could sign a FA PF/C.

I'd much rather go this route, than trade Ruben and Blake for Mo.
We'd still have to pay him for at least the rest of this year. I'm not sure if we would still be responsible for his PO year. Anyone else know?

The big question is if there is a FA out there better than MO?!?!? Probably not.

·
Registered
568 Posts
gambitnut said:
We'd still have to pay him for at least the rest of this year. I'm not sure if we would still be responsible for his PO year. Anyone else know?

The big question is if there is a FA out there better than MO?!?!? Probably not.
I'm pretty sure it would be assumed that he would pick up his player option and we would have to pay him for that. He wouldnt come off our cap for another year after this. The best thing I could think of along those lines would be a buy out.

And I dunno....I've never been impressed with Mo. He doesnt rebound or defend. At all. I dont know what FA's are out there this summer, but they could get a lot better than Mo. Especially for our needs at backup.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
RPCity said:
I'm pretty sure it would be assumed that he would pick up his player option and we would have to pay him for that. He wouldnt come off our cap for another year after this. The best thing I could think of along those lines would be a buy out.

And I dunno....I've never been impressed with Mo. He doesnt rebound or defend. At all. I dont know what FA's are out there this summer, but they could get a lot better than Mo. Especially for our needs at backup.
:yes:

·
100% Shaolin Sword Style
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Zidane said:
Yeh it has to be a 1 for 1 trade.Other wise just cut him and get a fa pf.
I would rather just let him rot on the pine than cutting him. How is that an incentive to do what the coach asks? "If you cuss out the coach, we will pay you a bunch of money and let you go to the team of your choice!"

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
U have to pay people when u cut them?If thats the case keep him on the bench for the rest of the season unless he finds a trade.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts