Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give me a break.

In 16 minutes AD had 2 rebounds, 5 fouls and a turnover.

Zero points. Zero blocks. Zero steals. Zero assists.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
If Ruben can do that every night i would take his salary but if he doesn't then ship out him out for picks cash people whatever.I didn't mean 21 points either just get every one else pumped,get a few rebounds,points.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
MARIS61 said:
Give me a break.

In 16 minutes AD had 2 rebounds, 5 fouls and a turnover.

Zero points. Zero blocks. Zero steals. Zero assists.
You missed the most important zero, MARIS61: Salary owed AD after this season -- Zero.

Since AD makes considerably more than Ruben, the Blazers could potentially get out from under a couple of contracts. The point would be cost savings and clearing roster spots for young players.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
MARIS61 said:
Ruben For Ad?
Davis is a decent player, last night was not a good example of what he can do. IMO he's a step up from Dale "no relation" Davis. I don't know if I'd say Antonio is better than Ruben (obviously not last night), but when you factor in that he can play backup 4 & 5 and he is an expiring contract... he doesn't look too bad. He might "fail to report" though.

Ruben was awesome last night, I wonder if he can do that against Detroit? I'm thinking no. :cool:

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
So far on the season Davis is averaging 4 points and 7 boards in 27 minutes a game.

My concern is who do we send to make the contracts match up to get it done.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
This would be a big mistake by the Blazers since ruben gives us someone who can defend the other teams best scorer. We dont have a SG that can stop the other teams best player in a big spot.

The only way Nash should even consider this trade is if Zach was to get hurt. I like Ruben and think he would missed should he get traded.....IMO bad trade. Davis looked bad vs Zach last night!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
...ummm Hi Mixum. I thought you were gone.

Oh well. That is a good pont about Zach getting hurt. If his knees don't hold up I think that these trade rumors will hold a lot more water. We woudl be royally screwed if something happens. I love Ha to death but don't think he is ready for the minutes that would be required of him if that happens.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
BLAZER FANS....MIXUM HAS COME HOME!!!
Who let mixum back in? Is this what banning means?

I'm not picking on this post, obviously there's nothing to pick on. Except for the fact that he was banned. Or was he?

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Backboard Cam said:
Who let mixum back in? Is this what banning means?

I'm not picking on this post, obviously there's nothing to pick on. Except for the fact that he was banned. Or was he?
Actually I'll explain the confusion...mixum was actually only suspended from the Blazers forum. When a mod suspends a person their status tag defaults to "banned" and has to be overriden to "suspended". Apparently that detail was overlooked. I know as I was involved in the decision of the the suspension that he was in fac tonly supposed to be suspended.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
mixum said:
This would be a big mistake by the Blazers since ruben gives us someone who can defend the other teams best scorer. We dont have a SG that can stop the other teams best player in a big spot.

The only way Nash should even consider this trade is if Zach was to get hurt. I like Ruben and think he would missed should he get traded.....IMO bad trade. Davis looked bad vs Zach last night!

Good points -- even as undersized as he is, Ruben can cause a lot of trouble for opponents. Just as long as he doesn't run the fastbreak anymore. :D

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm not in favor of any of the Knick trade scenerios. Outside of Marbury and Curry there isn't anyone on the Knicks I have any interest in. I would rather keep this team intact and let them get some chemistry and camaraderie going than make some dumb pointless lateral move just to appease some people that think we don't have enough veterans or that we have to free up cap room to resign Joel.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
yeah the ny trades suck

Rubin is playing better than that so should be able to be trade for someone better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts