Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems like he is always the odd man out. he hustles and is a total scrappy guy, yet gets no minutes. i dont get why he gets dissed like he does. i mean he can't shoot, but honestly, who can on our team? i think his hustle alone makes him deserve minutes. but it seems like nash is up to something with this, because he did this last year also.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
For every hustle play he makes he makes 2 bonehead plays. He has no outside shot. He is completely predictable and stoppable on offense, yet thinks he deserves the ball every time down the floor, often posting up and leaving no room for somebody who can actually score like Zach or Darius, to post up. Sure he can be PO'd that he is a veteran who isn't getting to start. But this isn't college ball or high school basketball where seniors get preference. This is the NBA, and he is a 2nd string scrub at best.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
tradetheo said:
seems like he is always the odd man out. he hustles and is a total scrappy guy, yet gets no minutes. i dont get why he gets dissed like he does. i mean he can't shoot, but honestly, who can on our team?
better than Ruben (from the outside)?

Let's see..

Darius, Zach, Telfair, Dixon, Monia, Viktor and Webster just to name a few.

i think his hustle alone makes him deserve minutes. but it seems like nash is up to something with this, because he did this last year also.
Ruben plays outside of the system (always has, and probably, always will). He thinks he's so good that he doesn't HAVE to play by the same rules that others do. He thinks he's a guard and dribbles too much (I can accept that from younger players because they're still adjusting, but he's 30. He still makes the mistakes a young player would.

For every "good" defensive play he does, there's a muffed turnover or offensive foul. For the put-backs and hustle plays, there's an isolation offensive move that rarely works. As Hasoos said, he's predictable on offense, and very very VERY limited on offense.

On top of that, he whines and his mouth writes checks his *** can't cash. He's demanded to be traded almost every year that he's been here, and just isn't good enuogh to justify the amount of minutes he thinks he's worth.

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
On top of that, he whines and his mouth writes checks his *** can't cash. He's demanded to be traded almost every year that he's been here, and just isn't good enuogh to justify the amount of minutes he thinks he's worth.
"I am the Kobe stopper." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
BlazerFanFoLife said:
Whats Viktor have to do with this? Thats the only Kobe stopper i know of.
Good call...I was sitting close enough to the court at that game to see Kobe's face..he looked absolutely stunned that a rookie was playing lock down D' on him. Just priceless.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
tradetheo said:
seems like he is always the odd man out. he hustles and is a total scrappy guy, yet gets no minutes. i dont get why he gets dissed like he does. i mean he can't shoot, but honestly, who can on our team? i think his hustle alone makes him deserve minutes. but it seems like nash is up to something with this, because he did this last year also.
Hey I could gop hustle and play scrappy, but it by no means has any indication of wether I should be on an NBA court or not. Patterson hasn't ever been a starter in the NBA, Was Nash with Seattle or LA, not last time I checked.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Schilly said:
Hey I could gop hustle and play scrappy, but it by no means has any indication of wether I should be on an NBA court or not. Patterson hasn't ever been a starter in the NBA, Was Nash with Seattle or LA, not last time I checked.
Ruben often started for Seattle, usually scoring in the twenties when he did, and he has started for Portland many times. I believe his short time with LA he was a rookie behind Kobe so cut him a little slack there.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
MARIS61 said:
Ruben often started for Seattle, usually scoring in the twenties when he did, and he has started for Portland many times. I believe his short time with LA he was a rookie behind Kobe so cut him a little slack there.
How good was that team and who was he playing behind?

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Schilly said:
How good was that team and who was he playing behind?
I was merely pointing out the error in your post about him never starting, but you could look it up easy enough.

I'd bet they were better than this team is though.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
MARIS61 said:
I was merely pointing out the error in your post about him never starting, but you could look it up easy enough.

I'd bet they were better than this team is though.
can someone please, for the love of god, tell me how it matters if seattle was "better" than this team tho?

other than another needless pot shot against Nash, there's never any point in anyone bringing that up when we discuss players on this team and whether or not we should keep or not keep them.

If Ruben is a dumb ****, it doesn't matter if this team was better or worse than a team earlier in his career. You can dress a pig up in a tuxedo, and it's still a pig.

You can put Ruben on a good team or a bad team, he's still Ruben.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Hap said:
"Bah Weep Grah Nah Weep Nini Bong."
Right back atcha, Hap (in a universal greeting kinda way, of course).

Oh, and Ruben may have the right to be pissed off, but he's still a dumb-**** for doing it when, where, and how he did.

PBF

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Hap said:
can someone please, for the love of god, tell me how it matters if seattle was "better" than this team tho?

other than another needless pot shot against Nash, there's never any point in anyone bringing that up when we discuss players on this team and whether or not we should keep or not keep them.
I agree with you that it doesn't matter at all, but Schilly asked me so I replied.

And he was attempting a "needless pot shot" against Ruben, not Nash, so does your moral outrage still apply?

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
MARIS61 said:
Hap said:

I agree with you that it doesn't matter at all, but Schilly asked me so I replied.

And he was attempting a "needless pot shot" against Ruben, not Nash, so does your moral outrage still apply?
don't have "moral outrage", I just wonder why people bring up other teams records in discussion regarding players traded or waived from Portland. (Ironically, and imho, not done rightly so, you hardly ever hear about the Rockets record and DA. The Rockets could win the title this year and DA wasn't worth keeping on the Trail Blazers.)

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Ruben, can collect his money and he'll probably stay in the league on minimum contracts until he can't move any longer. He is a gifted player who posts up on Offense and can play aggressive Defense. The mistakes are costly though. He makes many.

I hope this situation is resolved with the Blazers moving him for an ending contract or similar contract, but NOT a longer, larger one. He is (and has been for a number of years) the odd-man out on this squad. Plus, we have 5 others who can absorb his minutes at SF.

IMO he could have had a great season backing up Zach - and getting solid 10 mpg at the b/u PF. His mistake mouthing off.

Bring on the Kandi-Man's contract!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts