Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Read on.....

So the holdout ended Thursday, Ruben Patterson returned, and all is well in the world of the Trail Blazers.

Well, not quite.

The Blazers' season is, well, what it is. But Patterson was in uniform for the first time since March 1, ending an 11-game hiatus that was as much a protest as it was an injury-related break.

"That had a lot to do with it, the protest," said Patterson, who was activated from the injured list Thursday afternoon. "I was very hurt inside by the whole situation."

...........Did the Blazers send him home?

"I'm not going to get into it," said Patterson, who spent a week with his family in Columbus, Ohio, before returning Wednesday. "You might hear (from) me at the end of the season. I'm not going to talk about anything now."......

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
the one meaningful nugget of news from the Quick chat yesterday was that Damon told Quick that Blazer management had told Patterson not to come to work. seems he was upset over the Cheeks firing.

he's back now, though. so now we've got four guys (Patterson, Miles, Outlaw, Khryapa) trying to play one position.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
theWanker said:
the one meaningful nugget of news from the Quick chat yesterday was that Damon told Quick that Blazer management had told Patterson not to come to work. seems he was upset over the Cheeks firing.

he's back now, though. so now we've got four guys (Patterson, Miles, Outlaw, Khryapa) trying to play one position.
shop smart, shop s-mart!

great qoute from a funny movie!

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
thanks! the Evil Dead II was the far superior film, but Army of Darkness definitely had more classic lines. meru had PM'ed me about it recently too.

other favs of mine:

That was just pillowtalk, baby.

GIMME BACK MY HAND!

You see this? THIS... is my BOOM STICK!

Klaatu verrata n... Necktie... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word!

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

I'm actually seriously considering changing my handle to Primitive Screwhead. Larry Bird once said that a coach should change jobs about once every three years. I'm wondering if the same is true for monikers.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Sally for...

Sally for...

Sally forth.

Awesome movie.

By the way: Bruce Campbell's "Alien Apocalypse" is premiering on ScFi Channel tomorrow night. "Think Spartacus with Aliens" is how Bruce describes it.

Ed O.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hap said:
shop smart, shop s-mart!

great qoute from a funny movie!
Army Of Darkness? LoL, I have the whole trilogy on DVD! In case you were previously unaware, the first two movies in the series, are "Evil Dead" and "Evil Dead 2". Both of which are equally hilarious.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Ed O said:
Sally for...

Sally for...

Sally forth.

Awesome movie.

By the way: Bruce Campbell's "Alien Apocalypse" is premiering on ScFi Channel tomorrow night. "Think Spartacus with Aliens" is how Bruce describes it.

Ed O.
Thanks for letting pointing that out, Ed. I try to stay away from the Sci-Fi channel (I can't stand their usual programming), but if Bruce Campbell is on... I'm there.

Also, if you guys enjoy Bruce Campbell's movies, check out "Bubba Ho-Tep"! Now THAT is some funny stuff! He plays the character of Elvis, in a retirement home. His best friend, played by Ozzie Davis, thinks that he's JFK... LMAO!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
theWanker said:
That was just pillowtalk, baby.
GIMME BACK MY HAND!
You see this? THIS... is my BOOM STICK!
Klaatu verrata n... Necktie... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word!
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
Not to mention:

Gimme some sugar baby!
Swallow THIS!
You got REAL ugly babe.

Sam Raimi's first movies were Super 8s which had him and his buddies (presumably including Bruce) acting against soundtracks from 3 Stooges shorts. I just remember seeing a clip where a car runs over one of them and Curly's voice says "I'm glad I ran across you!" The Stooges influence is pretty obvious in that graveyard scene in AoD.

Which of the alternate endings to AoD do you prefer? I actually like the back-in-S-Mart one more than the rip-off-from-the-Planet-of-the-Apes one. On this, but on few other things, do I differ from the great JoeBob Briggs.

Anyone seen Crime Wave? It's supposed to be pretty strange. I've been meaning to watch DarkMan since there was only one in the series. What're we up to now?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts