Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
1,481 Posts
A standing O? I don't think so. He may get a round of applause, but nothing more.

· Registered
11,166 Posts
I don't know what everyone else will do, but if I were there I'd clap for him for sure. maybe stand. Sure he is the "nanny raper" but he did play hard.

· Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
I'll be there and I'll clap for him. He help us a lot in the past even if how he left wasn't the best.

· Registered
2,377 Posts
If I were there, I'd clap. Sure, he was a problem at times. But he always played hard, and I appreciate that. I hope most other fans see him the same way.

· Registered
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Foulzilla said:
If I were there, I'd clap. Sure, he was a problem at times. But he always played hard, and I appreciate that. I hope most other fans see him the same way.
I agree, he never took a play off, he busted his butt when he stepped onto the court. He also seemed to turn his personal life around while here in Portland. I'd stand and clap if I was going to the game.

· Registered
5,566 Posts
My thought is this has been such a terrible season, Ruben publically let it be known he wanted to leave and now he is rewarded for complaining by being on a playoff team, he may be the scapegoat for a frustrating season and be booed tonight.

It will be interesting to see. Ruben's hustle v. Ruben's attitude. I'm guessing mixed baggage with more cheers than boos.

· Banned
11,117 Posts
Very succinctly put. :yes:

"He's not a pretty player, but he's a successful player," Nuggets coach George Karl said. "He's a physical player and an aggressive player, which I think is contagious. We don't need necessarily talent; we need guys who know how to play the game the right way and Ruben plays with tremendous intensity and tremendous effort. He's kind of a leader from the standpoint of his intensity and pride and passion in how to play the game."

· Registered
7,812 Posts
I'll clap for him when he is introduced but I sure as hell am not making the effort to stand up.

Then I'll heckle the **** out of him the rest of the game. :biggrin:

· Registered
481 Posts
IMO, Ruben deserves a good applause when he returns. He really didn't burn the organization the way players like Sheed, Damon, Bonzi, or Qyntel did.
He played hard and deserved to be on a better team at this part of his career. He could have demanded a trade before this year, but he tried to stick it out to see where we were going.

I am glad Ruben is on a contender and I hope Denver makes it past the first round. They aren't my favorite team, but they are the only team in our division that is even making the playoffs!

· Banned member
28,451 Posts
sa1177 said:
I'll clap for him when he is introduced but I sure as hell am not making the effort to stand up.

Then I'll heckle the **** out of him the rest of the game. :biggrin:
me too. I'll give him the same props I gave him when he played here.

which basically was cheering for the Trail Blazers and *NOT* the team who they're playing.

He's not a blazer, and I didn't appreciate his efforts here and I think he was a pathetic excuse for a man, and a pathetic excuse for a player.

I'm glad that he's "turned over a new leaf", and hope good for him. But I sure as **** ain't cheering for his stupid ***.

· Registered
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· Registered
7,812 Posts
tlong said:
He will receive a standing O from every one of the 2,186 fans in attendance.
Yeh and most of them will just be cheering because they are stoked at getting free tickets. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.