Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, he looks like a stud today. Defense, scoring, ball handling, rebounding...there's nothing this guy can't do on the basketball court.

It's unfortunate that he doesn't assert himself and do this every game, but then again, he's just a sophomore and he plays on a team with 4-5 other legit NBA prospects. If he were on an inferior team, he could easily put up 20+ every night, with excellent defense.

· Banned member
28,451 Posts
hehe, I am a fan of the gay (stop giggling minstrel) but I think you nailed his problem tho.

doesnt' assert himself and do it every game. thats a big question (for all players obviously). Is he (or all of them) going to do it every game?

if they can, it'll make a HUGE difference in their "rankings" on Haps' Universally accepted scale of "hotchie motchie"*.

* back when I was in high school, I knew a girl who scored an 8 on the (then called) universally accepted hotchie motchie scale. Which is funny, since it was never universally accepted, and everyone knows it only went up to 6.

· Registered
3,031 Posts
I think we should run like a runny thing from anybody who is less than completely motivated. Let Gay go to some good team with leaders who can motivate him. We already have a stupendously talented, rarely motivated SF. I'd prefer someone a shade less talented who has a fire (only not Morrison, because some defense would be nice, and not another SF please). Same reason to be leery of Aldridge. Right now Tyrus Thomas and that Noah kid are looking good. If we traded down a little, I'd be very happy with Shelden Williams, who seems like Carlos Boozer with shot blocking.

· Registered
11,166 Posts
Games like today are the reason Gay is usually rated higher in mocks than Morrison. Like Hap said though, he doesn't bring it every game. Hopefully if the Blazer draft him it's because of his youth, and hopefully if someone else drafts him instead it's because he is lazy and uncaring.

· Registered
5,891 Posts
gay 20 and 6? he disappeared in the overtime he is not the best player on the team and UCONN LOSES!

gay did nothing in the overtime!

· Registered
166 Posts
Utherhimo said:
gay 20 and 6? he disappeared in the overtime he is not the best player on the team and UCONN LOSES!

gay did nothing in the overtime!

Yes he had a good game today, but the one thing I noticed and that I don't understand is how is someone that is considered a top5 pick not taking the last shots in the game?

· Registered
11,166 Posts
Yes as Zags so quickly pointed out when no one was talking about Morrison was the fact that Gay doesn't take over games late. he did for awhile in the second half, but was nowhere to be found late in the game. Maybe it's him, maybe it's the fact that he has many players on his team, unlike Morrison, that are good players. Maybe it's his coach.

Gay needs to show he can dominate like Morrison does. Gay is a really good player, but Morrison has twice the heart and drive

· Registered
3,225 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
20 and 6 is considered a "bad" game for Morrison....
Look at his supporting cast. Don't hi-jack the thread please. I'd prefer to have separate threads to get better evaluations about players rather than every thread turning into an argument between Gay, Morrison, Aldridge (sp?), Thomas, and every other prospect.

· Registered
11,166 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
yea, Gonzaga didn't have any good players on his team....

Thats it...

Actually Zags, LameR has a good point. Leave this thread for people that want to talk about Rudy Gay.

We all know you feel Morrison is great and no one else is worth crap. Those of us that are a little more objective than you about this subject would like to talk about ALL the players in the upcoming draft. Not just the one that you want.

· Registered
5,891 Posts
man cbs has too many darn commericals every break foul time out aarrrgggghhhhh talk about annoying exactly why i dont like network tv utter crap

i would take noah over gay anyday.

· Kwisatz Haderach
31,743 Posts
Rudy Gay is a better prospect than Adam Morrison, and neither of the guys are #1 options on the next level. It's unfortunate with Rudy Gay because he has the talent to be, he just doesn't take over a game. Not every player has that mentality.

· Registered
5,891 Posts
gay just doesnt have it but he totally does misses out to change the game and floats around a lot like MILES MILES MILES MILES the two have too much in common, its scary. HE showed no emotion after they lost, I hope he stays in college he needs it bad.

he went 8/16

jai lewis had 20pt and 7 rebounds

· Top Of The Pops
27,460 Posts
Coatesvillain said:
Rudy Gay is a better prospect than Adam Morrison, and neither of the guys are #1 options on the next level. It's unfortunate with Rudy Gay because he has the talent to be, he just doesn't take over a game. Not every player has that mentality.
He clearly doesn't have Jordan's fire, but I think he could potentially develop the mentality to take command.

· Registered
3,299 Posts
Gay completely disappeared down the stretch and overtime. He should really stick around UConn for another year (or two), because he didn't do anything for himself in the tournament.

Here's a somewhat sensible way of evaluating lottery picks: during the tournament, was he ever the bets player on the floor at any given time? Was he the single dominant force during the time he was in the game?

The answer is 'no' on both counts. I'm not necessarily against picking Gay, it's just that he seems to have a lot more development to go through before he's force (if he ever becomes one).

· Top Of The Pops
27,460 Posts
wastro said:
Here's a somewhat sensible way of evaluating lottery picks: during the tournament, was he ever the bets player on the floor at any given time? Was he the single dominant force during the time he was in the game?

The answer is 'no' on both counts.
I disagree. For most of regulation in the game against GMU, he was the best player on the court. He was making tremendous plays on offense and playing excellent defense.

I think inconsistency is a big part of being young. But he definitely has periods of time when he's a force and the best, most dynamic player on the court.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.