Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Good article. I agree completely that the best moves are sometimes the ones you don't make.

Apparently Curry has never worked hard in his life. However, for the first time, Curry has a disciplinarian coach and veteran teammates that are calling him out. Why are some members of this board so willing to trade him now, at this point, when he may finally be made to work and get in shape? This summer will be his last chance to improve himself for his contract year and prove himself as a good player. If that doesn't motivate him, then nothing will. We can afford to -we can't afford not to- give him that one final chance. And it's not as if his trade value can drop any further; if he fails out the gate next year he will still likely be regarded as one with enormous potential.

As for Chandler, I think we've all significantly underestimated what he brings to this team defensively, or even offensively. I will not be surprised if the team goes on a run when he comes back (I would in fact be greatly disappointed if he did not substantially improve this team).

I may have given up on the season, but I have definitely not given up on Curry or Chandler.

As for Crawford, there will definitely be one team that will offer him more than he's worth in free agency. I still believe his true position is point guard, and he needs a change of scenery and a fresh start. So, Paxson needs to trade him now, instead of letting him walk for nothing in the summer. Crawford is good, but he doesn't fit this team; with Hinrich here, he's extraneous.

Predictions

1. Bulls go on a run when Chandler come back. (It's not hard when you're on a 6 game losing streak.)

2. Paxson trades Crawford before the deadline, knowing that it's either that or let him walk in the summer, but keeps Curry.

3. Playoffs next year? :D I guess I'm eternally optimistic. This one is partly a dream... the first two are things I believe will happen.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rwj333</b>!
Good article. I agree completely that the best moves are sometimes the ones you don't make.

Apparently Curry has never worked hard in his life. However, for the first time, Curry has a disciplinarian coach and veteran teammates that are calling him out. Why are some members of this board so willing to trade him now, at this point, when he may finally be made to work and get in shape? This summer will be his last chance to improve himself for his contract year and prove himself as a good player. If that doesn't motivate him, then nothing will. We can afford to -we can't afford not to- give him that one final chance. And it's not as if his trade value can drop any further; if he fails out the gate next year he will still likely be regarded as one with enormous potential.

As for Chandler, I think we've all significantly underestimated what he brings to this team defensively, or even offensively. I will not be surprised if the team goes on a run when he comes back (I would in fact be greatly disappointed if he did not substantially improve this team).

I may have given up on the season, but I have definitely not given up on Curry or Chandler.

As for Crawford, there will definitely be one team that will offer him more than he's worth in free agency. I still believe his true position is point guard, and he needs a change of scenery and a fresh start. So, Paxson needs to trade him now, instead of letting him walk for nothing in the summer. Crawford is good, but he doesn't fit this team; with Hinrich here, he's extraneous.

Predictions

1. Bulls go on a run when Chandler come back. (It's not hard when you're on a 6 game losing streak.)

2. Paxson trades Crawford before the deadline, knowing that it's either that or let him walk in the summer, but keeps Curry.

3. Playoffs next year? :D I guess I'm eternally optimistic. This one is partly a dream... the first two are things I believe will happen.
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! :D

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Great post. I totally agree. JC is gone and curry and chandler are stiil the corner stone. Hinrich is the pg and we will try to draft a SF or SG and use JC to get a serious swing player.

david

1 - 4 of 4 Posts