Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
I dont think it has any truth to it......

but thinking about it....how crazy would the twin towers of Yao and KG be. It would be absolutely amazing

·
Top Of The Pops
27,460 Posts
I don't see why Minnesota would do this, since it still makes them a one-superstar team and only gives them Head, a decent but non-impact young player, and they swap a first-rounder for a second-rounder which limits the value to Minnesota beyond the principles of the deal (Garnett for McGrady).

McGrady is younger but also more injury-prone.

Very nice deal for Houston, but I'd love to see McGrady and Garnett together. Or current Yao and McGrady. I think both are players that a healthy McGrady would mesh really well with.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Sith said:
the rockets will trade T-mac, head +2nd rounder to t-wolves for KG, 1st rounder this summer.
this is from www.china.com, one of the most respected chinese news site.
Link?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
If this is legit, I've got mixed feelings with it.

KG and Yao would be the deadlist frontcourt duo in the League. Garnett would compliment Yao very well, and for his part, he'd do an extremly good job for the Rockets.

The question would be on the perimeter. There would be NOBODY at all with any type of playmaking and scoring ability from the outside. I know Houston could draft one or two guards in the lottery, but there would be a big hole in the guard spots.

KG is older but much less injury prone.

But I don't want to give up on McGrady yet.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
This can't be more than a rumor. Minnesota would not take this deal in a million years. The only way KG will get traded is if the Wolves receive cap space, young players, and first rounders. Swapping KG for another superstar (injury-prone) is taking a step back for Minnesota. If this goes down, props to Carrol Dawson.

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
i really dont think this will ever go through.
but KG and Yao would be absolutely dominant in the paint. and would probably compliment each other perfectly on the court.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.