Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/basketball/nba/cleveland_cavaliers/9587182.htm?1c

From Terry Pluto:

The Cavaliers are taking a serious look at Keon Clark, who is a free agent. The 6-foot-11 Clark played only two games last season because of injuries. But in the previous three years, he missed only seven games. He averaged about nine points and six rebounds in those seasons. He is known as a shot-blocker. Clark is a little thin for center at 220 pounds, but he should be OK as a backup. He also can play some power forward. He's 29 years old and plays with a lot of energy.
Thoughts? I think this would be a great signing for the Cavs, if the contract is not bad. Clark's pure size is a huge asset and he's athletic and defensive-oriented as well. This sounds pretty good to me.

·
Steal of the Draft
8,043 Posts
I agree. But Keon has been caught with Mary Jane before I believe. Or was involved with that stuff. I do give people second chances, but are you sure you want to take a chance of him having an influence on Bron? Good signing if the trouble with the law is in the past.

BFreak.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
That means you guys would have Big Z, Diop, Traylor, Gooden, Varejao and Clark?

I don't see Clark coming to Cleveland.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by <b>Blazer Freak</b>!
I agree. But Keon has been caught with Mary Jane before I believe. Or was involved with that stuff. I do give people second chances, but are you sure you want to take a chance of him having an influence on Bron? Good signing if the trouble with the law is in the past.

BFreak.
I'm not worried about LeBron... he can take care of himself, I believe.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by <b>SoCalfan21</b>!
The reason the lakers didnt look at him was because he was too old. BTW id rather have malone :woot:
Thanks for the input. I was just thinking, "I wonder what the Lakers think about this!"

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
What Would Mitch Kupchak do in a sitation like this?

He'd trade Lebron for a bunch of small forwards. That's what Mitch Kupchak would do.

annnyways. I think Keon Clark could work. If he is signed then that's just another sign that Diop has not been doing the work this summer and the Cavs don't feel like they can count on him.

Clark can be something of a replacement for Battie in the rotation.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
That means you guys would have Big Z, Diop, Traylor, Gooden, Varejao and Clark?

I don't see Clark coming to Cleveland.
Not really, this is Silas we are talking about. He wont play Varejao much at all. Traylor could be the big surprise out of the bunch he had a good bunch of games leading up to the seasons end or he could bust.

It doesnt really matter because gooden and traylor will probably share the PF spot.

So his only real competition for the back up centre position is Diop. And i dont really see Diop getting more minutes. If Z goes down again, Keon may even start.

Now heres the great part about keon, hes got that awsome 12 foot jumper. Hes great in the triple threat position close to the hoop. It draws the big man away just enough to space out the floor for the wing players.

Remember that old Toronto team? Keon was a big factor in that, he cut well moved off the ball well, shot well rebounded and blocked shots.

I think he could really help the cavs, in a BIG way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts