Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sexy Moderator
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys take this with a grain of salt, because it's Hoopsworld who has the credibilty of a convicted murderer.

An informed source says if Larry brown had his way, he’d trade “virtually” the entire team this offseason – accept for David Lee, Jamal Crawford and Channing Frye. It really does seem that it may be easier for the Knicks to cut their losses with Larry Brown, than try to force bad-fit players on Larry. If The Knicks are going to stay true to Larry Brown, then massive roster changes are likely this summer, and for the first time in a while the Knicks have some horses to offer in trade, if they are genuine in making Larry happy. Don’t be surprised to see New York, get back into the Kenyon Martin race this offseason either, word is Larry Brown likes his toughness (go figure)…
http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_16812.shtml

·
Best non-Yankee 4 17 Yrs!
2,469 Posts
Kenyon Martin tough? He's been a little ***** the entire season. Wah, my knee hurts, I can't play. He was medically cleared, get your ***** *** out there and ****ing play. If Kenyon Martin and his rediculous contract are obtained, I quit.

:curse:

·
**** the clippers
16,458 Posts
oh my ******* GOD is Larry Brown pissing me off. It's really sad, him going to NY, i even picked them to win the division at the start of the year. Then he comes in and starts being an *******, questioning Trevor Ariza's intelligence after he wasn't happy about being benched, taking jabs at Nate all season, and keeping the entire team on a 2" leash. I'm surprised someone hasn't punched that guy yet, i would if some old coot came into my locker room and caused an uproar. ******* idiot, Larry Brown.

·
Registered
981 Posts
If you picked them to win

the division thats your problem. Anyone with a brain(present company excluded, of course) knew they would struggle. We just didn't expect this much of a struggle but we also didn't know what a weak, heartless team IT had put together. Everybody thinks other coaches would have done so much better but a team has to have a leader (we don't)...has to play hard (we don't and have few players who are willing)....and has to play defense (kidding, right?). These guys just plain suck...with few exceptions.

·
I'm too sexy for ya.
2,089 Posts
Well if we were going to keep three players two of them definitely had to be David and Channing. I mean LB likes Malik a lot too and Quentin because they care. But this is Hoopsworld, they've written some pretty farfetched articles before. I'm seriously wondering if like 14 year olds are writing these articles.

·
**** the clippers
16,458 Posts
Re: If you picked them to win

alphadog said:
the division thats your problem. Anyone with a brain(present company excluded, of course) knew they would struggle. We just didn't expect this much of a struggle but we also didn't know what a weak, heartless team IT had put together. Everybody thinks other coaches would have done so much better but a team has to have a leader (we don't)...has to play hard (we don't and have few players who are willing)....and has to play defense (kidding, right?). These guys just plain suck...with few exceptions.
it was a pretty weak division

·
Registered
981 Posts
Re: Yes, it was weak...

but most pundits were arguing whether or not the Knicks could sneak into the playoffs....not whether or not they would win the division. They have underachieved, for sure, but LB is trying to teach them how to be a winning team. It's not his fault that almost none of these guys want to sacrifice to win.

Something that is not talked about much is how INEXPERIENCED so many guys on this team are. The best all-around guys are the guys that played 4 years in college. JC came out early and didn't win in college......same with Marbury.......Ariza when he was here.....Curry.......Butler......Woods.....Qrich...James never played in HS(so I heard)....You can see why they have problems. They need to open their minds and let themselves be taught. In 2 years when JC is an allstar and the Knicks are on the way up, LB will be redeemed.

For all you people wanting to see more showtime by the players....remember, we're trying to build a basketball team, not a broadway play. Winning is all the entertainment I need.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Once the Knicks are winning we'll definately see some showtime anyway. Good bball is exciting esp with the potential (i hate the word) our players have. We were really exciting during our 6game winning streak. I hope we get it back and explode in the next 2yrs.

·
I'm too sexy for ya.
2,089 Posts
Chinatownballer said:
Once the Knicks are winning we'll definately see some showtime anyway. Good bball is exciting esp with the potential (i hate the word) our players have. We were really exciting during our 6game winning streak. I hope we get it back and explode in the next 2yrs.
next 2? a little more optimistic please...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.