Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know how much merit you can put into this....But I heard two different people on two different radio stations saying that the locker room pretty much was saying that Mooch is gone...its just a matter of Millen meeting with Ford to get his approval and Dick Jauron will take over for the rest of the season...

The two different people I heard this from? Rob Parker and Killer Kowalski....

Lets keep our fingers crossed

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I heard Dan Miller speculate on the ten o'clock news the same thing. Really in the grand scheme things I don't think it will have a big effect. Garcia and Harrington are still both the same QB's. The receivers for the most part don't seem to give a damn. At this point I hope they don't win another game so we can get another good draft pick.

Millen needs to go also...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Another draft pick will do nothing but get us another wideout

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The word now is that Mooch pretty much will make it through the year....rumors on the local sports talk radio here are saying that Dick Jaraun refused to take the job as interim coach..so they pretty much had to keep Mooch..

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Can you blame him? I wouldnt take this team either.

·
BAIT
12,946 Posts
That stinks, because Jauron is actually a pretty solid head coach.

Don't let his last few years in Chicago fool you, because he was basically being blamed for things that weren't in his control. It is the m.o. of the Chicago media (and most fans) to always point the finger at the head coach, no matter what happens (and how sucky the team actually is, regardless of coach).

See: Dusty Baker and Bill Cartwright.

Anyways, I'd like to see Jauron get a shot at this Lions team, I think he could do some nice things.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
So when is the parade? I'm glad he's gone. Now please get a coach in here whose forte is defense and running the ball.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
DetBNyce said:
So when is the parade? I'm glad he's gone. Now please get a coach in here whose forte is defense and running the ball.
Anyone got Bobby Ross on speed dial?

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont think that Mooch is a bad coach....I really dont....he will probably do TV on Fox for a couple years and then get back into coaching....I wish him the best...I have not heard a single person say a bad thing about Mooch personally...maybe that was his problem here...a bunch of young players and an easy going coach....I think Mooch dug his own grave early in the offseason when he was saying this was a playoff team....if he would of said we are still a ways off and this isnt a playoff team yet he might of been able to keep his job....

Really, the more I think about this..they probably should of kept him until after this year...I dont know how much Jaraun is going to be able to do the last five games...I think they gave Dick a nice chunk of change to do the interim thing...

What really puzzles me is how Millen gets to keep his job though...I heard Millen say today in the presser that he is not a patient man....MILLEN YOU ARE A *******! He sounded like a moron saying that...seriously...20-55? and your not patient? Even the God Damn Arizona Cardinals have a better record the last 5 years...It is going to take Millen to be a man and walk away after he fails this time with his job search....

Moeller
Morhningweg
Mooch
Jaraun

4 coaches he is going to fire...

Millen should of announced his own termination today too....You guys understand that we wont be any good for AT LEAST another 2-3 years now....

4 Straight years of 10+ loss seasons.....and a 5th is staring us right in the face? Damn that is hard to comprehend

1 - 11 of 11 Posts