Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Re: T.J. Ford careers end

i was wondering about this the other day. he's still isnt close to being back and he's been down for almost a year. to think how good the class of 03 would have been in TJ was alrright. he was definitely one of the top 5 rookies last year before his injury, and its so hard to find pure PG's like him. they dont grow on trees.

·
Registered
427 Posts

Until I see a link I won't belive this. I'm the biggest TJ Ford fan, I saw him when he was in high school. Followed him all the way through college for my favorite team the Longhorns. When he came to Dallas last year I went to the game. He is one of the most dynamic college basketball players ever. He put the Longhorns on the map and almost took them to the title. He was going to be just as good as Kidd I guarantee you. He was just that skilled.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts

I said this a long time ago, and I still believe that his career is over, and if he does come back, it won't be for long. He's had spinal problems since he was a child and he's never really going to fully recover from them.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts

:spam:

·
Registered
4,719 Posts

No link --> no truth!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts

1) The link doesn't work

2) Why do you keep posting european basketball related pictures that have nothing to do with the topic under your posts?

·
Registered
6,397 Posts

I'll translate the title at least:

The point guard of the Bucks, T.J. Ford, the 8th pick in the 2003 draft, should retire from basketball at the end of the season due to his spinal injury.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts

Baskonia rules said:
The link works perfectly. Try again, but as I've said before is in Spanish.

http://www.solobasket.com/contenido.php?id=8374
I just read the "article", but it isn't very convincing. He doesn't give any proof that Ford will retire, he just says that he has had to end his career due to injury. I think I'll trust the Bucks media representatives rather than a Spanish sports reporter, who proves nothing at all.

It's the equivalent of me saying "Michael Jordan is going to play for the Bulls next year" and not backing it up in any way...

·
Registered
6,397 Posts

Here's the rest:

The small but explosive guard of the Milwaukee Bucks, T.J. Ford (Terrance Jerod) will finish the season without playing all year. The ex player from the University of Texas played only 55 games last season. Everything happened through a bad fall that deeply accentuated some spinal problems that he brought with him to the NBA from an earlier accident.

The Bucks have tried very hard to get him back but their efforts to keep him active have been nulified.

T.J. Ford (lists his height/weight in metric) was chosen with the 8th pick the the 2003 draft ahead of players such as Luke Ridnour, Josh Howard and the Bucks' current guard, Maurice Williams who was chosen with the 47th pick.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts

Sorry for the somewhat choppy translation, but that's pretty much exactly what it says.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I just read the "article", but it isn't very convincing. He doesn't give any proof that Ford will retire, he just says that he has had to end his career due to injury. I think I'll trust the Bucks media representatives rather than a Spanish sports reporter, who proves nothing at all.

It's the equivalent of me saying "Michael Jordan is going to play for the Bulls next year" and not backing it up in any way...
Maybe that can be the truth, but I still think that it would be possible because of the web is so respetable. I don´t know much about the journalist, but he's written before with more articles that were truth, like the Walker trade rumor, when it was a qhimera(??).

And the journalist doesn´t say should, and yes must.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts

DHarris34Phan said:
thanks for the translation!
Any time. Next time, it's gonna be $35 an hour though. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,113 Posts

Nothing on Tj on the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal website. don't believe a word of this thread.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts