Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dusty Garza of spursrepors.com is reporting that there could be a deal between CLE and SAN with A. Daniels going to CLE and Chris Mihm going to SA... the aparant 5 player deal that was rumored before is no more, and it is just a straight up trade but there would need to be another player or 2 in there to make it work. what do you guys think of this trade?

·
Registered
119 Posts
that trade would work out for both quite nicely. both are still young and have good upside(good, not great). mihm could be an understudy to both duncan and robinson and daniels could run the point while wags plays 2 guard.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
This probably belongs on the trade forum, but it is an interesting proposal. Mihm would help out inside with SA, but he is somewhat soft and that would be a question mark when it came time to play the Lakers.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Do the Spurs even need a big man? Robinson can still produce.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by g-dog-rice
Do the Spurs even need a big man? Robinson can still produce.
Yes. They do need big men. Can you say Shaq killed us? Robinson was hurt for long stretches and can't be counted on to play heavy minutes. Needs rest to be ready for playoff. Robinson has already announced his retirement after the upcoming season. They are also looking future.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Trade...

If they traded Mihm for Daniels it would help both teams...

The Spurs need a better backup C/PF and eventually start when Robinson retires next year. Chris Mihm is alot better than Cherokee Parks and whoever else they have. It looks like the Cavs will no be able to resign Davis, but if they do expect them to trade him for a better Center. Daniels allows Wagner to play shooting guard. Both teams get rid of a player they don't really need.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Originally posted by JoeF

Yes. They do need big men. Can you say Shaq killed us? Robinson was hurt for long stretches and can't be counted on to play heavy minutes. Needs rest to be ready for playoff. Robinson has already announced his retirement after the upcoming season. They are also looking future.
I should rephrase that....The Spurs don't need scrub big men. Mihm won't help much against Shaq. The Spurs, and every team in the NBA need somebody to stop Shaq.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I should rephrase that....The Spurs don't need scrub big men. Mihm won't help much against Shaq. The Spurs, and every team in the NBA need somebody to stop Shaq.
I haven't really seen him play since he was at Texas and I only saw him a time or two there so I don't know if he would help them. His stats sure aren't anything special. Maybe the Spurs are thinking a change of scenery, Robinson, Duncan and a winning team will help him. Might not help much but could be a healthy body and six more fouls.

·
Registered
119 Posts

and exactly what team does not have a hard time against shaq?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I said the a team needs somebody to step up to Shaq-nobody has yet, and Mihm won't help.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yeah...

But he doesn't hurt the team. He would be a great backup for Duncan/Robinson. They really have no use dor Daniels now that they have Tony Parker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts