Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That Gilbert is going to clean house (Paxson, Silas, the president, possibly others). I wouldn't be shocked if this were the case. As you recall, Gilbert already clashed with Silas about being displeased over how AV was being played/not played.

My view is the whole organization may not be changed but a few guys are definately not coming back next season. Some claim as soon as the season ends, it's clean out time.

Reactions: RP McMurphy

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Good. Though, what other GM could they bring in that's available?

Silas I don't mind, try and get Phil Jackson (unlikely), Pat Riley (he has no stake in the Heat after this season), or other good assistant coaches around the league (Johnson from Jazz for example). Is Eddie Jordan under contract long term with the Wizards?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Riley as coach would be cool.
Flip Saunders is out there too.
And of course Phil Jackson.

**** man. I'd let Phil be the GM if he wanted to, if it meant him coaching.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
I'd doubt Pat Riley is going anywhere, he's been with the Heat organization for along time and I'm sure he'll want to stick with them through this time of great success. Phil Jackson is also a pretty long shot given the fact that he hasn't really expressed interest in returning to coaching.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
The house cleaning has officially begun. The Cavs aren't Silas's or Pax's or even Lebron's this is officially Dan Gilbert's team now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts