Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read an article on SI.com...I don't think so, but you never know...

Full Article

Jamaal Magloire, a center whose development was hindered by injury this season, wants out of New Orleans in the worst way and has two years and about $17 million left on his contract.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
I've always thought that Magloire would want out. The Hornets have not shown any interest in winning and are unproven when it comes to big deals. I hope they make some good moves that make Magloire happy and have him stay.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
At this point, who wouldn't want out of NO? Anyway, if he wants a trade that badly, there's no sense in keeping a disgruntled player who will probably play at 50%. I say trade him ASAP so you can get the best deal.

·
Registered
721 Posts
When i saw him play against the Cavs..it didnt seem like he was giving 100%..so it could be very true that he wants out.

If so, what teams could benefit from him, and have something to offer the Hornets in return (young players, picks)

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
He is a very good player when he wants to be but his value isn't very high right now coming off an injury and with that contract. A team like the Hawks might be the best trading partner because they wouldn't have to match up any salaries to make it work.

Reactions: DwyaneWade4MVP

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Captain Obvious said:
Cato (expiring) and 1st for Magloire?
Are you serious? Jamaal Magloire was 2003/2004 an All-Star! I know we already shipped an All-Star to Golden State for Speedy Claxton, but I hope this won't happen again!

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Trading Maglorie would hurt more then trading Davis. Centers are much to hard to find nowadays. While it won't be easy to replace Davis, he will be easier to fill in for then Maglorie.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
DwyaneWade4MVP said:
Are you serious? Jamaal Magloire was 2003/2004 an All-Star! I know we already shipped an All-Star to Golden State for Speedy Claxton, but I hope this won't happen again!
I know he was, but considering they'd be getting an expiring contract (and an above average center at that) plus a lottery pick, this is a MUCH better deal than they got for a superior player. Let's say they draft Marvin Williams with their pick, then Jarrett Jack with our pick. The lineup could be Jack, Smith, Williams, Brown, and Cato. Once Cato's contract is off the books there'd be enough cap room to make a run at a big man. I think if you look at it from that POV it's not as bad, but it's just something I threw out, I don't really think it would happen :).

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Captain Obvious said:
I know he was, but considering they'd be getting an expiring contract (and an above average center at that) plus a lottery pick, this is a MUCH better deal than they got for a superior player. Let's say they draft Marvin Williams with their pick, then Jarrett Jack with our pick. The lineup could be Jack, Smith, Williams, Brown, and Cato. Once Cato's contract is off the books there'd be enough cap room to make a run at a big man. I think if you look at it from that POV it's not as bad, but it's just something I threw out, I don't really think it would happen :).
But unfortunately if Orlando reach the playoffs Orlando won't get such a high pick...And a lineup with Jack, Smith and Williams would be amazing but they would have no experience and are so young, we would be the team with the most turnovers!

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Pacers Fan said:
At this point, who wouldn't want out of NO?
Uhm... Dan Dickau? :biggrin:

Reactions: DwyaneWade4MVP

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
What would Memphis need to do to close a deal for Magloire?

Could the Shinns be interested in Jason Williams, who would at least sell some tickets, like he did when the Grizzlies came to Memphis?

I'm also pretty anxious for us to include our draft pick, since our team is built so that we don't have much room for rookies to contribute.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, what about trading J-Mag for Jason Williams and drafting a Center (Andrew Bogut???)

LineUp:
C - Bogut
F - Brown
F - Nailon
G - Smith
G - Williams

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
I'd trade Magloire, only if I received Andrew Bogut with the 1st pick. Then trading him to a team like Memphis makes sense, but I would want Posey, Jones and Williams for him and Lynch.

You can't give an all-star Center for Jason Williams alone.

New Orleans:

C - Andrew Bogut/Chris Andersen
PF - PJ Brown/David West/Maciej Lampe
SF - James Posey/Bostjan Nachbar
SG - JR Smith/Dahntay Jones/Casey Jacobsen (I guess)
PG - Jason Williams/Dan Dickau

At least they will try and get up and down the floor. Only if they get Bogut though, would I make a trade with Memphis.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
I think thats the main probelm with trying to trade him. Getting what he is worth will be near impossible.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
kamego said:
I think thats the main probelm with trying to trade him. Getting what he is worth will be near impossible.
That's true, his stock is at an all-time low. If I were my team [Miami] I'd probably offer Dorell Wright, Qyntel Woods and someone else for him. And looking at the other trade ideas here, it just shows how low his stock is.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts