Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/columnist.jsp?content=20040121_130441_788

Sources indicate veteran Cliff Robinson, a Buffalo native, quietly wants to escape from Alcatraz and get out of Golden State. He has his eye on five teams and the list includes Toronto, San Antonio, Milwaukee, Portland, and Seattle.
Uncle Cliff and Mike Curry are pretty good friends. And they both get along with KO really well. They are three like-minded people. And he would be very close to home should he come here to play.

Uncle Cliff supposedly wants to leave Cali and we would have a place for him should he want to come here. He is a good-sized player who could play at the 4 with some of his minutes at the 5. He would add yet another shooting big man to our roster. He is a very good defensive player. He's unusually fast for his size and age. He has a great face-up game and good touch all the way out to the arc.

He has tons of playoff experience and is a player who has earned a lot of respect in the league. Him and Curry could give our team some very solid veteran leadership, something that Vince has been asking for since the summer.

Cliffs contract runs two years and about the same size as Lamond's. Cliff for Lamond straight-up would work under the CBA. If Golden State wanted more, we could work out some bits-and-pieces add-ons.

Should we want to trade for him I don't think Golden State would hold-on too tight, considering they have plenty of size in Foyle, Dampier, and Murphy.

I know Cliff isn't a solution to our size problems, considering he is more of a 3-4 than a 4-5, but I think he would still be worth getting for the reasons stated above.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I have seen this exact same Cliff rumour posted on the realgm boards. i don't think we really need Cliff, although he's a solid player, we just don't need him.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!
Uncle Cliff and Mike Curry are pretty good friends. And they both get along with KO really well. They are three like-minded people.
Yeah but the difference is that Robinson is actually a decent basketball player.

Anyway I wouldn't mind if he came here, although I couldn't care less really. We already have our share of big men who shoot 3-pointers, and do we really need a choker like him come playoff time?

·
Registered
605 Posts
hez a rich man's marshall

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Rumours: Cliff Robinson & The Piston-Connection

Originally posted by <b>Budweiser_Boy</b>!
Yeah but the difference is that Robinson is actually a decent basketball player.
:dead:

Anyway I wouldn't mind if he came here, although I couldn't care less really. We already have our share of big men who shoot 3-pointers, and do we really need a choker like him come playoff time?
I don't think there is an available player out there that is going to transform this team from a jump-shooting team to an inside force. But Cliff brings us some strong D, and he won't be getting lots of shots, anyways.

·
Registered
539 Posts
wasn't phoenix listening to offers on jahidi white? well i'd give up lamond and mo to get white. gets rid of some of our shooters...

C White/Archabald/Bradley
PF Bosh/Baxter/Bradley
SF Marshall/Curry
SG Carter/Alvin
PG Rose/Milt/Roger

Curry and Bradley when the get back...but seriously White puts up pretty good numbers in very few mins off the bench in phoenix. plus we wouldn't get pushed around down low ever. only downside is that bosh would have to against white during practise everyday
:laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sammysamosa</b>!
wasn't phoenix listening to offers on jahidi white? well i'd give up lamond and mo to get white. gets rid of some of our shooters...

PF Bosh/Baxter/Bradley
SF Marshall/Curry
SG Carter/Alvin
PG Rose/Milt/Roger

Curry and Bradley when the get back...but seriously White puts up pretty good numbers in very few mins off the bench in phoenix. plus we wouldn't get pushed around down low ever. only downside is that bosh would have to against white during practise everyday
what the hell is wrong with having shooters? I'd do Jahidi for Lamond but theres no chance GG or most sane raptor fans would add mo pete to a deal for White.

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sammysamosa</b>!

PF Bosh/Baxter/Bradley
SF Marshall/Curry
SG Carter/Alvin
PG Rose/Milt/Roger

No way Phoenix ever even considers the deal. They're looking to move White for expiring contracts to make a run in free agency. Murray's contract lasts one year longer than Jahidi's. Mo Pete doesn't sweeten the deal at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts