Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some rumours from the Toronto Sun:

Link.http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2004/01/21/319302.htmlhttp://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2004/01/21/319302.html

Little-used forward Jerome Moiso reportedly has been told by Raptors management that he will be moved as soon as possible. Moiso, who was signed as a free agent last summer, has played in all of 12 games this season and has been rotting on the bench. He hasn't seen action since Dec. 12 in Boston.
MURRAY'S WISH COMING TRUE? The New York Knicks and Raptors are said to be talking about swapping little-used forwards Shandon Anderson and Lamond Murray...

The Knicks apparently are also trying to package Anderson and Frank Williams in order to pull the trigger on a deal with the Chicago Bulls, which would see Jamal Crawford and either Eddie Robinson or former Raptor Jerome Williams shipped to the Big Apple.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I will be very happy to see Moiso go somewhere else and hopefully get some playing time. He has zero chance of playing here unless an outbreak of SARS hits the Raptors dressing room. I think KO would sign 8 guys to 10 day contracts and play them the entire game before he would play Moiso.

Shandon Anderson? I can't understand why the Raps would consider taking his big ugly contract on......UNLESS the plan is to use him heavily in the 8 man rotation and trade MoP in a package to get the big man we need.

That might make some sense. Otherwise we just replace LM on the bench with SA who would only get very limited minutes and who we can never trade with that bad contract.

Raps are really getting themselves into new cap trouble if they bring in SA. I mean 7.3, 7.9, and 8.5 million for the next 3 years is unbelievable money. And people call LM's deal big? Please. I would rather just tell LM to go home and pay him his 5 mill for the next two years if we don't want to use him. After next year LM's deal becomes an asset since everyone wants an expiring deal.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
what's the contract status on Anderson?

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!

UGLY.

$6.7M/$7.3M/$7.9M/$8.5M
ack.

i woudln't mind trading Murray for Anderson if we don't have Mo Pete.

so i say wait til the end of the season and if we can't get Mo Pete back, we'll take it from there.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Perhaps Sweetney will be involved in some way? GG was high on him at draft time and Isaiah wants veterans so he can win now...

Sweetney + Anderson
for
Murray + Moiso

or something along those lines.

·
Registered
564 Posts
i wouldn'yt want anderson because of contract issues and sweetney becaseu he is another undersized pf. what the hell is with the raptors and undersized power forwards.?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I wouldn't want Anderson, but I sure as hell want Sweetney.

Sweetney would be great for this team, another big body, though undersized can rebound, and would be a force in years to come in the East. I don't see Isiah giving up a young big man with potential for Murray and Moiso.

If the Anderson-Murray swap does happen, Glen better have a Mo Pete for a big man deal ready to go. And I mean a good big man because I don't want Anderson's contract for nothing.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Well.. if Bulls work a deal with NY, it's better to raps to try to acquire JYD and Tryba for Murray, Moiso and Montross contract (so Knicks can waive him)...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Before we trade Moiso KO should give him another chance. What's the harm?
But still that wont happen.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
Junkyarddog13, looks like your man, Jerome Moiso is leaving da T-Dot.
he aint my man just felt he should of gotton PT, good shot blocker and rebounded well in the games he played.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I want to join the action : please free Jerome Moiso. Or at least let him play . Last year he played some good minutes in the P.O with New Orleans. So what ? he is soft ok but i definitely think that he can turn into a respectable rotation.

Please free Jerome Moiso

·
Registered
605 Posts
i heard GG offered thomas the trade murray fo anderson......GG's on mad crack

1 - 20 of 20 Posts