Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else watched him play? The epitome of a late-bloomer, he was a 3-star recruit in high school. Got his 4th star after he signed with UCLA. Now he's currently rated (NBADraft.net) above Collison and Love in this year's draft class. His game has improved exponentially since last year.

I think he'll stay one more year to polish up his game. He's outta control at times, but is definitely an NBA-athlete, and is becoming an excellent lock-down defender.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
I like this kid and the way he plays. Give him a year to polish up everything some more and he is a possible top 10 pick.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
He's got some D on him thats for sure.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Not sure what position he plays, but he sure does look like a Lindsey Hunter on the defensive end. He will probably be an NBA pest for many years.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I have to say, I was watching a Minnesota v. Michigan game when I read this, and Minnesota has a sophomore guard named Lawrence Westbrook. He is a good athlete and scorer who had a nice high school career, and has improved this year, but I don't think anyone is predicting an NBA future, much less an early exit from college.

Point being, I started reading this thread thinking somehow you were all talking about Lawrence Westbrook. And man, did I think you were all absolutely crazy.

As for Russell, I do imagine him as a guy who could have a nice, long NBA career as a backup. He's a very good player. (I think Collison is far superior.)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Almost forgot, this is how you throw one down :clap:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6FP0ua5xFw4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6FP0ua5xFw4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
609 Posts
He seems to be very good at dunking on people
That's for sure.

I wonder if he's coming out this year. He should (and I would like to see him) stay another year or two. However, even if Collison comes out, in comes Jrue Holliday and Malcolm Lee.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
He seems to be very good at dunking on people
indeed.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_5m2nURvE6s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_5m2nURvE6s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had the chance to watch 4 of his games yesterday on my HDD, and I have to admit he is going to be a very good player in the NBA. He is a excellent defender, and has elite athleticism(Almost DRose like) and is aggressive. He is also a surprisingly good passer. If he can improve his handles, I have no doubts he can be an elite PG in the NBA.

You guys think he will enter the draft or stay?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I had the chance to watch 4 of his games yesterday on my HDD, and I have to admit he is going to be a very good player in the NBA. He is a excellent defender, and has elite athleticism(Almost DRose like) and is aggressive. He is also a surprisingly good passer. If he can improve his handles, I have no doubts he can be an elite PG in the NBA.

You guys think he will enter the draft or stay?
I would think it's a toss up at this point. If he has a good tourney (both Pac-10 and NCAA), I'd say he bolt, especially with Malcolm Lee and Jrue Holliday coming in. If not, he should stay and try being a bigger part of the offense next year, along with Jrue.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
If I'm him, I take the money this summer before Jrue comes in and steals the backcourt spotlight.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Well now, he's listed as a lottery prospect on ESPN's lottery projector. I'm pretty sure that if he keeps it up as he is now, he will bolt.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts