Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 714 Posts

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread if for all things SciFi. I saw this article about the best opening credit sequences for SciFi TV shows and I just had to rank mine. My top five are as follows:

5. Highlander

4. Twilight Zone

3. Battlestar Galactica

2. Quantum Leap

1. Firefly

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
I've tried watching the first episode of Firefly twice now, and I just can't get through it.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Firefly is surely top 10 all-time when it comes to SciFi TV shows. It's not perfect, but it's very solid. The first episode is one of the worst in the entirety of the show.

The opening credits are pretty perfect, though.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cabin in the Woods was surprisingly good. It's like the filmmakers were simultaneously making fun of horror movies while also paying them great respect. The SciFi elements didn't really feel as ridiculous as I first thought they would when the people started taking bets.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And Sigourney Weaver was a bad ass choice for a late cameo in that meta role.

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
Yeah, that was awesome, and unexpected. The only thing that would've been crazier would have been to see Sarah Michelle Gellar or Eliza Dushku.

Did you watch Dollhouse, by the way?

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did watch Dollhouse. When I get time, I'm going to do a top 10 favorite SciFi shows with some detailed breakdown in this thread.

***SPOILER ALERT***

Dollhouse will be on it.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to do a top 10 favorite SciFi shows
Actually, forget that. I think it would be much more fun to do my top 10 favorite women in SciFi.

***SPOILER ALERT***

Eliza Dushku will be on it.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it would be much more fun to do my top 10 favorite women in SciFi.
I had to narrow it down to just SciFi TV shows (maybe I'll do a separate movie list later). Even then, I couldn't narrow it down to any less than my top 16. It will be heavy on 2 shows (those should be obvious when you think about it) but rightfully so I think. They have been very hard to rank. More later.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay so the list quickly expanded into a top 20.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will begin working on my dissenting opinion now on the inevitable Fringe omission.
I've never seen Fringe, so you can definitely prepare your argument now.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I can't blame you as it's been on FOX's Friday night line-up for the past year. However, you're wrong for missing it. Great show.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Top 20 Female Characters in SciFi (TV Edition)

Before I get started with the list, please note that I will likely have a second list at some point for comic book superheros... and maybe even a different list for SciFi movie females.

20) Kaylee Frye (Firefly; Jewel Staite) - She's got a fire in her loins rivaled only by the intensity of her love for Serenity herself. She's the most genuinely sweet character I've ever seen, yet she's still strong enough to never get pushed around. Oh yeah, and she's pretty much the best mechanic in the verse.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Top 20 Female Characters in SciFi (TV Edition)

19) Admiral Helena Cain (Battlestar Galactica; Michelle Forbes) - Although her role was abbreviated (by another character in this list, no less), she made more impact on the show than any other part-timer. She ran the Pegasus with an iron fist. She didn't care much for civilians, but she seemed to be really good at surviving... well... not that good, I guess.

1 - 20 of 714 Posts