Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is the thread where I will keep all of my commentary on all things Super Smash Brothers. I'm a competition level Brawl player at the moment. I used to play Melee at a high level, but I'm not really up to speed on the current metagame. Anyway, my boy ReFLeX made this elaborate tribute video to the current undisputed king of the smash world (Armada) that is criminally under-viewed at the moment. Here goes:

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nastiest Ness Alive

You will not see the Ness/Falco match-up mastered any more brilliantly than in this video. FOW's uair game and PK Thunder mix-ups were so on point. He's the best in the world.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Game and Watch

d3t is my new hero. He basically took e8 for a long ride on the nair plane. Aside from the SD in the first game, this set was very tightly played on both sides. Wish they would've recorded the rubber match.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This guy MattDotZeb is probably the hottest name in the Falco game on the circuit right now. If he ever gets away from shorthop fairing, learns to vary his recovery a bit, and spaces his bairs consistently, he will really start making noise on a national scale. Until then, DrPP would still handle him on the regular.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was an all-out war. The video will speak for itself.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nicole

Hats off to Nicole. She played her ass off this whole tournament.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just for fun...

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Canada got smashed! Vinnie went in on Ally and then it was over.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is one of the closest matches of SSB64 you will ever see. The undisputed two best in the world doing their thing. Amazing execution. Pika got thumped that last stock. Kirby's bair wall was just impenetrable at times.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a fun match (especially the first game) between two of the best in the world at their respective characters. Hungrybox is the best Jiggs main going, and Hax is one of the most dynamic Falcons around. That first game is the type of action that made me fall in love with Melee in the first place. The second game is the clearest example you will ever see of quality punishing for every misstep.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love this match except for one thing... what self-respecting Icies main doesn't ban Kongo Jungle against a Falco? Kyu was doomed the minute MDZ pick a level.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Even though I'm a Game & Watch main, the first match in this video shows a clear example of why I always go with a secondary against Snake. :sour:

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The King - Rollout

This was the video that changed me mind about Smash. I always sort of played it as a party game, but this combo video got me interested in joining the competitive scene for the first time. Classic.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
****ing apparently.

So, just out of curiosity, what is your favorite version?
I personally like Brawl the best. Melee is obviously the most visually appealing for onlookers and requires the fastest reflexes, but Brawl is like the No Limit Hold 'Em of the series. Even if you aren't most technically sound smasher, your reading ability can separate you from the field.

The first installment is all about pure execution. Most of the combos are fairly similar. It's just a matter of always knowing the extent of your hitbox.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This was a great series. So much quality smashing going on.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts