Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the Lakers should get Sabonis, they are already talking to his agent. I think Sabonis would be a great backup, he can hit the outside shot and he can play the post, plus he is a great passer. Shaq can then cruise thru the regular season and save himself for the playoffs. The league would not have a chance if this was to happen.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by Juan
I think the Lakers should get Sabonis, they are already talking to his agent. I think Sabonis would be a great backup, he can hit the outside shot and he can play the post, plus he is a great passer. Shaq can then cruise thru the regular season and save himself for the playoffs. The league would not have a chance if this was to happen.
If we had Sabas it would be lights out. We would have the 1-2-3-4 punch..geez thats a lot of options! Shaq could get tons of rest and he could come back into the game fresh instead of coming back in when peple get in foul trouble. Plus, Sabas could finally win a title. Works out for both teams.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
If it happens, great. But things don't look too good as Portland is offering multiple years at multiple millions (supposedly he deal is said to be worth $6 million for a single year, and $10 over the next 2 years). The lakers just aren't going to pay him what the blazers will. Of course there's the "he should do it for the ring" argument, but very few of us would do it. If I'm Sabonis I would take less money at this point in my career to get the better chance at a ring, but my bandwagon is pretty small right now.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by Juan
I agree-but I don't think he will come to us.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree-but I don't think he will come to us.
Then he will be crying on the bench again like he has in the past because of how frustrated he gets because he can't handle Shaq.

·
Registered
924 Posts
He won't sign with LA. They have been talking to his agent, I'm not sure if he wants to play in LA, but the Blazers still own his rights and can match any offer the Lakers throw at him.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sabonis is an old rival. He might not want to come to us. I would like to have him though.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Looks like the chances of this happening are slim and none, and slim just left the building.

Today's printed version of the LA Times has Sabonis telling "acquaintances that he would not consider playing for the Lakers because they could not afford him." Supposedly he wants $8 million per season.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
he would not consider playing for the Lakers because they could not afford him." Supposedly he wants $8 million per season.
Well, then maybe all that money he is asking for will afford him a championship ring. Oh wait, you can't buy those, to bad. I guess it's better to be a rich looser than a poor champion.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Man look Sabonis signing with the Lakers comes down to one thing, Shaq might not admit it but Sabonis actually does a solid Job against Shaq and if the Lakers can get him on their side it would be more about removing an obstacle than about him producing for us, I got a feeling Sabonis doesn't really relish being hammered by Shaq anymore so I think it could happen, Sabonis may take his game to the center starved eastern conference therefore avoid the DIESEL, if he signs with the Blazers it makes them more formidable because he can't stop Shaq but he can push Shaq off the block some, and allow the team to double with length. I hope he stays retired, while the Lakers would still beat the Blazers down it wouldn't be as easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts