Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sacramento is off to a terrible start considering all the hype about how good they would be this year. Gotta feel bad for Shareef if they can't turn things around. He has never been on a winning team and the rate that things are going he might be the guy nobody will even consider signing, considering him bad luck. Good win for New York though. Does this make us a better team that Sacramento?

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
According to the Sacramento board (why am I going over there?) SAR was ejected from this game. Heh heh.

barfo

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
WebZen said:
SAR got to two technical fouls. But his stats are great:
14 pts, 13 rbs, 6 ast, 2 stl, 2 blk
Those are pretty darn good. Don't remember him ever doing that in PDX.

barfo

Edit: well, ok, he had 6 turnovers and an ejection, so it wasn't all roses. Still 13 rebounds aint
shabby (unless your name is camby). Still and all, there seems to be a big L affixed to his forehead.

barfo

·
Registered
673 Posts
Check out Bonzi's line if you want to see something impressive!

29Min
2-9 FG's
2Rebs
OAsts
3TO's
3PF's
5Pts

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
TP3 said:
Check out Bonzi's line if you want to see something impressive!

29Min
2-9 FG's
2Rebs
OAsts
3TO's
3PF's
5Pts
Ya, I'd sure take SAR over Bonzi any day of the week!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I picked Sacto to be a lower playoff seed. Of course it's early but right now they look just awful. Poor Rick Adelman.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Interesting that tonight, Sacto blows out Utah, and Shareef amasses a whopping 10 pts, 3 boards, and 0 assists. It's almost as if his stats are inversely proportional to a team's success.
But why?

Lots of people like to call Rahim a loser, but I've never seen anyone explain it. The guy plays hard, shoots a pretty good percentage, and is a quality person. What is it exactly that makes him a loser, and why would a player like him make a team worse?

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
If/when Bibby starts playing better basketball (as he did last night) the Kings will be just fine. SAR and Bonzi were clear upgrades at their spots and in spite of the slow start Sacramento should be able to right things and make the playoffs this year IMO.

And since someone listed Bonzi's line in a loss, let's check out last night's line for him:

28Min
6-9 FG's
11Rebs
7Asts
0TO's
2PF's
15Pts

His previous game was a bit of a stinker, for sure, but that's a darn good game right there.

Ed O.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Ed, I'm curious, how does Portland beating NY mean Portland is not very good but Sacramento losing to NY mean they are really OK? How can you be sure Sacramento but not Portland will improve? Remember, the Kings also were blown out by the Hornets, who are awful.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
crandc said:
Ed, I'm curious, how does Portland beating NY mean Portland is not very good but Sacramento losing to NY mean they are really OK?
You're attributing too much to too few games. No team in the NBA is going to succeed or fail based on how they've done to date... they're going to succeed or fail based on how good their team is.

Games are surely indicative, but with a small sample size I think that looking at the makeup of the rosters is a better way of predicting success for the rest of this year.

How can you be sure Sacramento but not Portland will improve? Remember, the Kings also were blown out by the Hornets, who are awful.
I'm not sure about anything, but the Kings have several players that are very good NBA players: Miller, Bibby, Peja and SAR are all borderline all-stars, and Bonzi is pretty decent, too. The Blazers have one borderline all-star in Zach Randolph... maybe two with Darius Miles if we're going to be generous.

It's interesting that you'd consider the Hornets "awful", considering they've beaten Sacramento on opening night and Houston (on the road!) and just took Miami (on the road) to overtime earlier this week.

I think that the Hornets will prove to be a poor team this yeae based on their lack of experience and quality bigs, but so far they've been better than Portland, who you seem sure are going to improve.

Ed O.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Ed O said:
You're attributing too much to too few games. No team in the NBA is going to succeed or fail based on how they've done to date... they're going to succeed or fail based on how good their team is.

Ed O.
Sacramento, for example, has played 10% of their season. When do we stop saying 'it's too early' to tell how good a team is.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Fork said:
Sacramento, for example, has played 10% of their season. When do we stop saying 'it's too early' to tell how good a team is.
well, portland played 0% of their season, and people were already making declarations about the team...

so who knows. ;)

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Hap said:
well, portland played 0% of their season, and people were already maknig declarations about the team...

so who knows. ;)
Well, when it's the Blazers, you can tell on draft day.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
bballisgreat said:
sacramentos defense has been a major problem this year. and they arent as deep as the previous years.
thats a valid point. Bibby isn't a defensive player, nor is Peja, Shareef, Bonzi or (realistically) Brad Miller. Their depth is a concen for them, as they really don't have a backup PG.

Their C spot is painfully thin too (Brad Miller and then...Skinner?) their PF is almost as bad as ours (a solid starter, and then..)...Their SG is weak too (altho starter wise, stats only, theirs is better). Their PG spot (like I said) is thin..

It's no wonder this team is starting off bad, and potentially will be a sub-par team this year. Their owners have built a team that's not deep at any position, and lack defensive minded players at ANY position (who gets decent minutes).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts