Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center> vs.

Sacramento Kings (41-27) vs. Portland Trail Blazers (23-41)
Arco Arena, Tuesday March 22, 2005
19:00 PT, CSN-Sacramento, NBALP

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Probable Starters

Brian Skinner/Darius Songaila/Peja Stojakovic/Cuttino Mobley/Mike Bibby

Joel Przybilla/Viktor Krhyapa/Shareef Abdur-Rahim/Damon Stoudamire/Sebastian Telfair

--------------------------------------------------------------------

-Portland TrailBlazers board game thread:wave:
-NBA.com Preview
</center>

·
Registered
17 Posts
This should be an interesting game. Has anyone seen their young russian play? I like him. Looking foward to next year when they have Sergei Monya back from playing overseas. They have an exciting young core.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
my prediction:
Kings 110
-
Blazers 98

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
Prediction

Kings 112
Blazers 89

Peja 10/16fg 28pts 5rebs 4asts
Skinner 13pts 14rebs

After an embarrassing showing vs Goldenstate Peja will retaliate with 28pts on 60% shooting.

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AnDrOiDKing4 said:
We gotta start winning games and getting healthy... i would love to see K9 hit the starting line up and get Ostertag some PT.
With the current coach we have K9 won't get in the starting lineup unless Songaila is injured. Also don't expect Tag to get a minute. :nonono:

·
Registered
521 Posts
DaUnbreakableKinG said:
Also don't expect Tag to get a minute. :nonono:
I think Adelman don't trust Tag. If you know Adelman, he only plays players he trust. He even said that there's better players right now than Tag that should play. Plus, Tag's out of shape...he even said so himself. :|

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Twix said:
I think Adelman don't trust Tag. If you know Adelman, he only plays players he trust. He even said that there's better players right now than Tag that should play. Plus, Tag's out of shape...he even said so himself. :|
I believe he always has. :laugh:

So I don't understand why did Petrie go after him? :confused:

·
Registered
521 Posts
DaUnbreakableKinG said:
So I don't understand why did Petrie go after him? :confused:
For his shot blocking and rebounding skills. Plus, I think he was one of the cheapest player for that skill? I guess Petrie assume Tag will work out during the summer and throughout the season...but he didn't.

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Twix said:
For his shot blocking and rebounding skills. Plus, I think he was one of the cheapest player for that skill? I guess Petrie assume Tag will work out during the summer and throughout the season...but he didn't.
I think we paid him like 5mill a year for 2 years. Thats pretty bad since he hasn't been playing.

I wish he could though. I think that he would help us but Adelman doesn't. :sad:

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This playoff push a stumble

The prospect seems inconceivable, hardly worthy of the ink on this page.

Then again, implausible is in with the Kings these days, considering that was Golden State leaving Arco Arena on Sunday night via Air Cloud Nine.

With a 104-94 victory, the Warriors secured their first season series win (3-1) over the Kings in 11 years and their second straight triumph in Sacramento after losing in 11 consecutive visits.

So consider this possibility for the anything's-possible Kings: Come late April, they sit jersey-less on expensive couches from Natomas to Granite Bay to Sacramento, out of the playoffs - a late-season slide turning title talk into TNT time.

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mark Kreidler: Wanna play guard for a few minutes?

Good to be with you. I almost didn't make it. My tryout with the Kings went a little longer than expected.

• I don't want to say Rick Adelman is looking for some healthy people to suit up, but I'm pretty sure I just heard Wayman Tisdale's beeper go off.

• Folks still sort of nicely refuse to go along with Adelman's concern over the Kings even making the playoffs, but the man is genuinely uncertain about the chemistry of his team. Still, it seemed a little over the top for him to advertise for a backup point guard on eHarmony.com.

• Special statistical treat for those folks who loved, loved, loved reciting the Kings' paltry .500 record last season after Webber returned to the lineup late in the campaign: Sacramento, 34-20 this season prior to the Webber trade, is 7-7 since he was packed off to Philly. (And this proves what, boys and girls? Only that complex answers to fair questions can be reduced to brain-addled bromides by simply tossing a few numbers out there and pretending they'll stand as an explanation.)

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Portland (23-42) at Sacramento (41-27) 10:00 pm EST

SACRAMENTO, California (Ticker) -- Coach Rick Adelman looks to record his 700th career victory Tuesday when the Sacramento Kings host the reeling Portland Trail Blazers.

Adelman notched win No. 699 on Saturday, a 111-107 overtime victory over the Los Angeles Clippers. But the Kings failed in Adelman's first attempt at 700, losing to Golden State, 104-94 on Sunday.

Mike Bibby scored 24 points and Kenny Thomas added 18 for the Kings, who lost to the last-place Warriors for the second time in three games. Starting guard Cuttino Mobley was sidelined with a hairline fracture in his left toe and is listed as day-to-day.

In addition to trying to get Adelman the landmark win, Sacramento is trying to maintain its hold on fifth place in the Western Conference playoff race. With 14 games left in the season, the Kings lead Houston by a game and are just two ahead of seventh-place Memphis.

·
Registered
521 Posts
GOO KINGS!!!

Blast the Blazers away!!!
:banana:

Score + Rebound + Play D + Limit TOs + EFFORT = WIN!!!! :king:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts