Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Official Draft Watch

Post guys you want on the Lakers and why.(Guys who are within our draft range, no Tyrus Thomas) I"ll start. Based on what I hear.

1.Saer Sene
7-7 Wingspan. Almost had a triple double. Incredible wingspan. Just wondering if this is not a good draft, why not just draft this guy and take a chance.
2.Steve Novak
46.7 3PT%, Another Brian Cook? He might also improve and add new elements to his game. Cook is also improving this season.
3.Juan Jose Barea
Said to be a pure point guard who can score if necessary.
4.Paul Millsap
Rebounder? Might not be needed if Kwame and Bynum pan out.
5.Dee Brown
Because I wanted Monta Ellis last year and fast guys rock. Ugly 35.9% FG but hey, even Tony Parker strugged early on at the NBA level.
6.Thabo Sefolosha
I love jack-of-all-trade players. Versatile and might back up Kobe.
7.Maurice Ager
A guy many fans want. We better draft athletes.

·
Premium Member
27,243 Posts
iverson101 said:
Dee Brown sucks. Way too short to play SG (can't shoot anyway) and he doesn't have a clue how to run an offense. Sure he's fast and a nice defender, but those aren't enough to cover the bad.
Uh huh sure.. He's another Speedy waiting to happen.. He can run an offense and carry a team.. but what do I know.. I've followed him all in college..

·
Banned
675 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
Uh huh sure.. He's another Speedy waiting to happen.. He can run an offense and carry a team.. but what do I know.. I've followed him all in college..
No. He's an undersized SG who can't shoot and isn't good enough to overcome that. He's one of the more overrated players of the past few years and has Deron Williams and Luther Head to thank for that. You're an Illinois fan so I don't blame you for irrationally and blindly pimping him.

·
Premium Member
27,243 Posts
But you must not have saw how he carried them this year did you? That's ok because you were blinded because of the awesome team last year.. Yes, he isnt a great shooter but he was forced to shoot a lot.. kinda like Kobe has to at times..

The Illini ONLY averaged 70 PPG.. Dee contributed 14 points scoring and 6 assists a game.. Which in the end was close to 50% of our offense but the hell do I know.. I guess I'm blind..

HE aswell as Augustine led a team nobody even thought was possible to a 26-7 record.. If that's overated then so damn what.. he's a LEADER and he is on and off the court.. People can doubt him.. but to say I'm blindly pimping him is just wrong.. I know how much he meant to the Illini in his 4 years here but hey, I'm blind.. He meant as much to the teams as Deron did (who didnt really show up until the magical year!) and Luther (he was nothing until his senior year).. But hey, you dont remember Deron's 2nd year when he was out with a broken jaw do ya? Fans everywhere thought they'd struggle without him.. It was DEE and Head carrying the team.. Dee was the PG then.. they didnt lose a game without Deron.. so if I'm on crack, feel free to let me know..

I agree he isnt the greatest of shooters but to say he's overrated, I'm not all that certain.. I do know one thing.. I dont know what he'll be able to do in the NBA, if anything at all.. I do know another thing.. He was a damn good college basketball player that I enjoyed to watch that meant a lot..

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey B34C, do you think that Rajon Rondo could do as well as Dee Brown?

I say if Rondo drops to us we snatch him. He may be somewhat of a project, but all we'd need to do is have him work on his shot and "D" a bit and we're set. Kobe and work the shot and Kobe and Devin George can teach some better defense. Plus we have the coaching tools available to help him in Pippen and Magic Johnson at times as well.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Silk D said:
I really don't want to make another thread, can a mod rename this to a "draft watch" thread.
I tried to yesterday but when I edited it, it only turns up on top of my first post.

@Bartholemew Hunt
Steve Novak 46.7 3PT%. Great shooter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.