Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...acolumn,1,240717.column?coll=cs-bulls-utility

I know its Sam Smith but still interesting to me. He talks about how Curry is the Bulls top trade bait and mentions possibly Miami and Memphis. Seems like odd timing considering the articles in tribune and other chicago papers on Paxson saying Tyson and Eddy will not be traded. In regards to Miami something I found interesting was he said Eddie Jones is asking to play in Chicago. Hmm...why didn't he sign here a few years ago? What has changed now?

Is there a deal to make with Miami that makes sense? Probably not, even with Dwyane Wade, whom the Heat has labeled untouchable. Miami is trying to push a package around Eddie Jones on the Bulls. Jones has told friends he'd like to play for the Bulls, but any combination seems doubtful

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...acolumn,1,240717.column?coll=cs-bulls-utility

I know its Sam Smith but still interesting to me. He talks about how Curry is the Bulls top trade bait and mentions possibly Miami and Memphis. Seems like odd timing considering the articles in tribune and other chicago papers on Paxson saying Tyson and Eddy will not be traded. In regards to Miami something I found interesting was he said Eddie Jones is asking to play in Chicago. Hmm...why didn't he sign here a few years ago? What has changed now?
This article was posted yesterday. ChicagoSports is late in posting it. Mercury did it yesterday.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found it interesting that Miami was trying to push a package of Eddie Jones on the Bulls. Wonder what kind of package? Jones and Caron Butler I am sure.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I found it interesting that Miami was trying to push a package of Eddie Jones on the Bulls. Wonder what kind of package? Jones and Caron Butler I am sure.
Antonio Davis straight up is a fair swap

Miami gets out 1 year early from Jones's contract

Or... Fizer to the Clips and we keep Ely and throw them Dooling with AD

Ely replaces Davis on the roster

·
Registered
729 Posts
I would think Crawford,ERob,Jerome Williams for Jones,Butler works better for me.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!

Antonio Davis straight up is a fair swap

Miami gets out 1 year early from Jones's contract

Or... Fizer to the Clips and we keep Ely and throw them Dooling with AD

Ely replaces Davis on the roster
I don't think Heat thinks it's fair.Jones is younger,better,plays both sides of court.A.D is a good player but 36,Injury prone (also due to age).

in turms of needs this might be good for both teams but we'd have to throw in something else to pull it.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts

My guess as to why Eddie would want out: because he sees the writing on the wall: Dwyane Wade is the future at shooting guard for the Heat. He, along with Odom, are the players the Heat will be built around.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Trading Curry for 32 year old Eddie Jones would be an absolutely horrific trade.

Along the lines of Mitch Richmond for Chris Webber bad.

I'd consider Curry/Crawford for Wade/Butler, however. I'd want some reassurance about Butler's knees.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
Trading Curry for 32 year old Eddie Jones would be an absolutely horrific trade.

Along the lines of Mitch Richmond for Chris Webber bad.

I'd consider Curry/Crawford for Wade/Butler, however. I'd want some reassurance about Butler's knees.
Wade ain't goin nowhere. Not for anyone we have anyway.

I can't think of any rookie that ever had as good of a rookie year as Wade and got traded during that year. Can you think of anyone? If Drew Gooden played any defense, you might be able to site him, but no, he wasn't in Wade's class as a rookie.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!

I can't think of any rookie that ever had as good of a rookie year as Wade and got traded during that year. Can you think of anyone? If Drew Gooden played any defense, you might be able to site him, but no, he wasn't in Wade's class as a rookie.
I agree, but no other trade of Curry makes much sense for us.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

Talk about overrating.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I still consider AD and JC for CB and EJ good for both teams.

Heat get one year less of a bad contract,and we get the better player(EJ>AD)

Today I'd say JC>CB cause of caron uncertainty.

Most important - heat need a C and a PG(badly,wade as good as he is is no pg).
Bulls need a sg and sf(Caron is playing even now better then any sf we have and his numbers have gone up in jan)

Heat have Wade and Odom at the given positions and Bulls have EC and EJ to cover the positions given.

can help both teams.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!

Talk about overrating.
I fail to see how. If you can name a player or 3 that invalidates his suggestion, I'm curious, because I can't think of anyone.

is saying Wade is nearly untouchable overrating? The Heat said the same thing about Butler last year and Wade is better than he was (IMO at least).

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!

Talk about overrating.
How can you not say that Wade has not had an extremely impressive rookie year? He looks like a star in the making to me. He shoots a good %, slashes to the hole, plays above the rim, and plays really tough D. What more do you want from a rookie?

My point is not that Wade will have a better pro career than Curry, just that when a rookie plays as well as he has, I've never seen a franchise trade him during that rookie year. Your GM works hard to pick the best player they can in the draft. After all the work, your pick ends up being a jewel. And what do you do, turn around and trade him? Doesn't make sense, and accordingly it doesn't happen. That pick is the GM's baby, and they chose him because they thought he could be a star (if he's picked toward the top of the draft). Why ship him off when he's more than half way there before the all star break????????

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Davis and Crawford for Jones and Caron Butler makes an awful lot of sense. Then trade Fizer for Atkins. Sign a vet backup C with MLE(Foyle?) and a shooter like Jon Barry. This does not even take into our draft pick which could be used on more of a project since Jones and Butler along with Barry and Robinson would have us solid on perimeter.

Hinrich,Atkins
Jones,Barry
Butler,Robinson
Chandler,JYD
Curry,Foyle

Come on that is good stuff.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Davis and Crawford for Jones and Caron Butler makes an awful lot of sense. Then trade Fizer for Atkins. Sign a vet backup C with MLE(Foyle?) and a shooter like Jon Barry. This does not even take into our draft pick which could be used on more of a project since Jones and Butler along with Barry and Robinson would have us solid on perimeter.

Hinrich,Atkins
Jones,Barry
Butler,Robinson
Chandler,JYD
Curry,Foyle

Come on that is good stuff.
I've always liked the Jones/CBut for Jamal/AD scenario for both teams.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!

I don't think Heat thinks it's fair.Jones is younger,better,plays both sides of court.A.D is a good player but 36,Injury prone (also due to age).

in turms of needs this might be good for both teams but we'd have to throw in something else to pull it.
Jones is 32 , Davis is 35

Their birthdays are both in October - about a week or so apart

Jones has missed more time than Davis the last couple of seasons

AD is a sturdier... a rep as a warrior

Jones relies on speed in his running/slashing game and spring in his legs for his J

AD is a half court banger

I think the Heat would probably prefer to trade for much earlier salary cap room.. Fizer/ERob/Jeffries

Although ... if the Heat wwant to put a legit balanced team together to go to the playoffs this year and next .. they may see the attraction in shoring up the strength upfront to acquire AD ..and with the aforementioned Fizer/Clippers trade .. we would send Dooling along as a prospect they could do what they like with

AD + Dooling for Jones

Fizer for Dooling and Ely

AD, Fizer for Jones and Ely

Bottom line is the longer Miami hang on to Eddie Jones.. the less they are going to get for him

No one is going to give anything of real value for him

I like him and have long been an advocate for him being a Bull... but at this stage I would be reluctant to trade for him that even involved Eddie Robinson as part of a package .. which is essentially what a Fizer, ERob, CJeff trade would be once it is all stripped back

I still think Eddie Robinson has a role on this team and at this stage I would prefer him to Eddie Jones

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

How can you not say that Wade has not had an extremely impressive rookie year? He looks like a star in the making to me. He shoots a good %, slashes to the hole, plays above the rim, and plays really tough D. What more do you want from a rookie?

My point is not that Wade will have a better pro career than Curry, just that when a rookie plays as well as he has, I've never seen a franchise trade him during that rookie year. Your GM works hard to pick the best player they can in the draft. After all the work, your pick ends up being a jewel. And what do you do, turn around and trade him? Doesn't make sense, and accordingly it doesn't happen. That pick is the GM's baby, and they chose him because they thought he could be a star (if he's picked toward the top of the draft). Why ship him off when he's more than half way there before the all star break????????
Saying the Bulls dont have what it takes to get Wade is s*****, sorry. Really, Im not saying the Bulls will trade for Wade or the Heat will give up on him, but if Paxson were to say "I want Wade on my team" he can do it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts