Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
you gotta love how all these articles surface at once, ahh I look back back thinking about all the people who didnt want us to draft him and it almost brings a tear to my eye

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
In the pregame on AM1000, they called him "Splash" Gordon.

This is the first nickname I've heard that I liked and had a nice ring to it. It's obviously is a play on Flash, but signifies the swish.

Splash with the teardrop. Splash rises up for the rainbow.... ka-boom. etc...

·
Registered
471 Posts
"My coach used to say it looks like I'm coasting," Gordon said. "But the guy playing against me knows I'm not."

This is my favorite quote from the Sam Smith article. Gordon has such a reserved arrogance that all the greats have had.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
He's DEFININTELY starting next year. The question is, how is Duhon gonna feel coming off the bench starting next season.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Marcus13 said:
you gotta love how all these articles surface at once, ahh I look back back thinking about all the people who didnt want us to draft him and it almost brings a tear to my eye
I was one of them, asking just WTF is pax doing. I've never been so happy to be wrong in my life....

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I'm glad I didn't see any college hoops last season, so I couldn't be mad at Pax for drafting anyone because I hadn't really seen anyone play unless they played Kentucky.

I watched last season's NCAA Title Game a few weeks ago, and from what I saw I certainly don't think I would have been all over Ben at #3.

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
onetenthlag said:
"My coach used to say it looks like I'm coasting," Gordon said. "But the guy playing against me knows I'm not."

This is my favorite quote from the Sam Smith article. Gordon has such a reserved arrogance that all the greats have had.
Sorry Ben, but you current coach still says it.

Skiles :" Still plays too casual at times"

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
BealeFarange said:
Uh, yeah, I was wrong about Ben Gordon.

:)
You sure were :)

I wasn't thrilled with the pick, but I wasn't against drafting Gordon because we still had the #7 to draft a quality SF.

I definately remember feeling in the minority on that one.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Vindication. Also Bullsville, you should have watched the Big East tournament and the first 5 games UConn played in the tournament. You missed Ben avg. roughly 24 ppg.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts