Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wasn't Erob originally assured he was our SF of the future by JK? I remember reading that somewhere. And what does this do to his attitude for the upcoming season? What happens to a player psychologically when he finds out he's part of a deal that didn't get done? So what happens with ERob now?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I hadn't read all of the Rashard Lewis thread but found it in there too! Sorry for the dupe!

·
A!
9,434 Posts
LOL, it's ok.... This isn't RealGM. The Mod won't jump on you for having duplicate threads...

·
Registered
835 Posts
First of all, Sam Smith could be talking out of his rear end. I think he makes stuff up most of the time.

Second, I don't understand why the Bulls must trade Eddie Robinson to sign Harpring. Don't we have the mid level exemption?

According to Smith this proposed trade would of freed up money to sign Harpring. Kukoc makes more per year then Robinson, so it would of put the Bulls with an even higher payroll this season. What the f--k is Sam Smith saying?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by sinkingship
First of all, Sam Smith could be talking out of his rear end. I think he makes stuff up most of the time.

Second, I don't understand why the Bulls must trade Eddie Robinson to sign Harpring. Don't we have the mid level exemption?

According to Smith this proposed trade would of freed up money to sign Harpring. Kukoc makes more per year then Robinson, so it would of put the Bulls with an even higher payroll this season. What the f--k is Sam Smith saying?
Nice to see Sam Smith out of hibernation.

Yeah I wasn't sure what he was talking about in terms of 'freeing up money' to sign Harpring. But Kukoc is only signed for 2 more seasons, while Eddie Robinson is signed for 5 more seasons (yikes!). Just goes to show that this E-Rob experiment is not working.

We still have the mid-level exemption out there, so Harpring could be still for the taking.

Sam Smith talks out of his arse, but the guy is entertaining.

VD

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by KC
LOL, it's ok.... This isn't RealGM. The Mod won't jump on you for having duplicate threads...
You're right KC, it's not RealGM. Over here the owner? Ron jumps on you for not knowing anything about basketball and not being a Bulls fan.

Most impressive.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Who's to say this spoils the Bulls' plans?

If Milwaukee wants Best badly enough, why wouldn't they trade Toni for a re-signed Best and ERob? Yeah ERob would be on their cap longer than Toni would be, but the Bucks aren't getting under the cap any time soon (Allen, Thomas, Cassell, Caffey, Mason and non-Magic Johnson are all signed through at least 2003-2004).

Milwaukee has to be happy with unloading Big Dog and getting Smith and a 1st-rounder in return, and they really have no need for Toni, and Krause loves Toni, so who knows...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Sam Smith is so full of chit it's ridiculous. There's no way that Krause would want to take on the loser's salary. Toni No-D Kukoc? Toni maybe the only league in the league that ERob is a better defender than (aside from Dali). Krause's posture all summer long was to sit tight and not sign anyone big. Although Toni Kukoc is far from "big", he definitely has a big salary. Picking him up would be counter to everything that Krause has said or done all season. I could understand it if Kukoc's contract was up at the end of this season, but it's not (not until after the 2003/04 season). The Bulls have to clear as much cap space as possible in order to make a legit run for another big name free agrent. Trading ERob for Kukoc would only make it worse.

My guess is that someone within the organization leaked the fictious rumor to Sam Smith just so he'd look like an idiot. I hope Krause goes public and says that it is not true. Krause will probably come out and say something like this. A trade involving Eddie and Toni was never discussed. Toni is a fine player in this league, but we're no position to trade for him"

And check this stupid quote out, "Thus the Bucks-Hawks deal is a blow to the Bulls, who realized after summer-league play that Curry and Chandler are not ready to be regular contributors. They were hoping to take the pressure off them with veterans such as Kukoc and Harpring."

Very clever genius. Neither are regular contributors, yet both started the majority of the games last season. That makes a lot of sense. I think someone is putting way too much stock in the summer leagues. This is exactly why I hate the Tribune. They employ journalist who don't know dik about NBA basketball and all they do is sit around either complaining about what could have been or speculating about what they would do if they were VP of Ops for the Bulls.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Originally posted by sinkingship

I don't think we have to trade Erob to sign Harpring but if we have both erob & harpring then only one can get the majority of the playing time, which is most likely harpring who can play d and rebound. So if harpring gets most of the PT, than erob can't be showcased for a future deal. So get harpring now and get rid of ERob's contract and minutes while we can!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Originally posted by BullsNews
Who's to say this spoils the Bulls' plans?

If Milwaukee wants Best badly enough, why wouldn't they trade Toni for a re-signed Best and ERob? Yeah ERob would be on their cap longer than Toni would be, but the Bucks aren't getting under the cap any time soon (Allen, Thomas, Cassell, Caffey, Mason and non-Magic Johnson are all signed through at least 2003-2004).

Milwaukee has to be happy with unloading Big Dog and getting Smith and a 1st-rounder in return, and they really have no need for Toni, and Krause loves Toni, so who knows...
Wouldn't a Toni & Johnson 4 Best & ERob be fairer?

That deal would be sweet. I'd include Dali if required to make it work.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The whole article is CRAP!!

If you care to read it - I totally ripped SS's trade idea apart on the other board. Too lazy to double post. But Kukoc makes $8.8 million next year and about $9.5mill the following year. You HAVE to include BEST w/ Erob to even make the trade possible!! Yes Toni's deal is that bad. The 5'11" Best starting next to 5'11" AI. Yeah sure Sam. Sure...

Plus Clark? How can we lose out on someone we don't want? Oh no I heard McInnis might sign with Portland. Nooooooooo! Whatever.

The only thing believable is that ERob is on the block. I think it probably has more to do with his attitude than his contract though.

I read on the other site we might sign McCarty. One of those - oh I have inside info deals :rolleyes:. At least it's possible... Something SS should think about next time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: The whole article is CRAP!!

Originally posted by ABull
The only thing believable is that ERob is on the block. I think it probably has more to do with his attitude than his contract though.
Gotta nip that cancer in the bud.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.