Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard it on radio. He has exercised his option to remain a Laker. Not really a surprise. Didn't really take that long, eh ? I guess we can stop thinking about trades involving PF position. Doubt they will trade him.

Not sure if I wanted him back but having heard this, I am kinda glad he is. I think he will do a better job next year than he did this year when he showed flashes of brilliance. He definitely has a potential to be a very effective PF/back up center.

Thoughts ?

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
He was doing really well around December and January, and hit was fantastic in some games when Shaq was down. But after he got injured in that Portland game and missed like a month he lost his starting spot to Horry (got it back briefly) and only played well in the Spurs series.

He has the potential to be one of the better back-up 4/5's in the league. If Shaq is out to start the season we'll be happy he stayed. Or else it might of been dancing Madsen. :dead:

Now re-sign Slava and George!

·
Registered
231 Posts
i feel bad about it, I think with that money we should of gotten a better power forward instead of keeping him, he really struggled in the sacramento series.

Attachments

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Walker

After signing him, now they Lakers should trade him and someone else for a better PF. Walker tries hard, but there are way better PF that they could get (Malik Rose, Donyell Marshall, hell even Charles Oakley).

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Re: Walker

Originally posted by Mr. X
After signing him, now they Lakers should trade him and someone else for a better PF. Walker tries hard, but there are way better PF that they could get (Malik Rose, Donyell Marshall, hell even Charles Oakley).
I agree-but when I earlier suggested getting Rodney Rodgers you said he was too small to play PF-well he is the same size as Rose,and bigger than Marshall. ;) Oh and please keep Oakley away.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Malik Rose and Rodney Rogers

Malik Rose is way more physical that Rogers. Rogers is a three point shooter, who occasionally drives to the basket. Malik Rose is a "banger," he gets to the basket, gets offensive boards, and plays defense. And to add to that, he has a decent mid-range game. Malik Rose would be a far better player for the Lakers than Rodney Rogers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts