Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
PSUmtj112 said:
Say the Nets played an entire season with the team they have now, everyone healthy, VC for 82 games, etc, what type of record do you think they would have?

How far would they get in the playoffs?

Does this include RJ? If so..I would say the Nets would get about 55+ Wins with no problem

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Nets1524512 said:
Does this include RJ? If so..I would say the Nets would get about 55+ Wins with no problem
I think between 50-55, Dumpy has put up our record in our last 40 games with Carter and Kidd are 25-15. Dumpy forgot to mention that was coming off a 4 game losing streak... LOL

But sure fire playoff team, best team in the Atlantic, but don't know how much that means.

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
PSUmtj112 said:
50-55 puts this Nets team in the range of the Kidd/Martin/RJ nets teams.

How would this team compete in the playoffs?

As good as the Kidd/Martin/RJ nets teams?
Depends, I think we need to see Kidd, Carter and RJ play for a while.

Kidd, Martin and RJ just had such great chemistry.

-Petey

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Petey said:
Depends, I think we need to see Kidd, Carter and RJ play for a while.

Kidd, Martin and RJ just had such great chemistry.

-Petey
Playoff basketball is built around three things...

1. Halfcourt offense.

2. Defense.

3. Rebounding.

We got better in #1, worse in #2, and #3 is up in the air.

Has our improved offense offset the loss of what was a very strong defensive team?

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I'd say 50-52 wins. The big part is rebounding, but with RJ that improves. Yea agreed the chemistry we had, you can't teach, you can't practice....Kittles too. I think we would have problems on the board and defensively when the point breaks Kidd down. But can they do it consistently enough to over take our offense? I think VC gives us both a running game and a half court game. Would we be better? I'd say yes, because their point will have to score 30 and get 14 dimes for them to beat our offense. We will not beat Miami, we don't have the big athletic bodies, that Detroit had last year. I think this is where a year and another PF can take us there. We'll take out Detroit, but Miami is just too strong.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
50ish wins, but we'd have trouble in the playoffs when we went up against the teams w/ quality D, and quality big people. As the roster is now, we are a solid playoff team, but to become a contender we need another frontline front line player.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Actually, I'm running a season on NBA Live 2003, yes, I am way behind the times. Just got it because Kidd's the coverboy. Anyways, I'm 12 games out, won 6 straight, just beat Boston, who's in 2nd of the old Atlantic, Miami is blowing us away. 35-27 with the big 3, a created Nenad and Zoran....but how do you fire Scott, he's still prowling the sidelines.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
we'd win probably 53games or so. but it also depends if boston has the same team and if philly has the same team. healthy pierce/walker and healthy webber(lol that will never happen)/iverson. it would be a tough atlantic and will get tougher next yr bc teams try to upgrade (hopefully we get the better upgrades). i still think kidd/vince/rj are the best 3combo on any team in the atl. so i'd say we get 1st along with boston then philly. i think we would probably get detroit in the playoffs again and then anything can happen. eventhough i do not really trust our bench, not more than our kidd/rj/kmart yrs, eventhough our bench last yr stunk

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Kidd Karma said:
Actually, I'm running a season on NBA Live 2003, yes, I am way behind the times. Just got it because Kidd's the coverboy. Anyways, I'm 12 games out, won 6 straight, just beat Boston, who's in 2nd of the old Atlantic, Miami is blowing us away. 35-27 with the big 3, a created Nenad and Zoran....but how do you fire Scott, he's still prowling the sidelines.

Me 2 dude!

I got it when it came out but I'm too cheap to upgrade, so I have created Zoran, Nenad, and Dwade.

I don't have time to play a season but they are ranked 12th overall. I did my best to upgrade all the other impact players on the other teams, like Josh and Dwight, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts