Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? What kind of season will he have next year? Does he have what it takes to become a star Center in the NBA?

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
I don't see it. He is a glorified garbage man on offense.

·
Registered
697 Posts
he's just taking advantage of how weak the 5 is in the nba right now... I could easily see him being better then Jamal Magloire, but that isn't saying much. Yet, at the same time, that makes him a top 5 center in the league.. But there are a lot of young guys coming in who will hopefully strengthen the center position.. He could be a 14/11/2 player imo, but it won't be a nice 14/11/2 (think danny fortson). He isn't what i'd consider a future star

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I haven't seen anything from Dalembert that suggests he can score 14 ppg. Consider that Yao averaged under that his rookie year and Eddy Curry, supposedly a "dominant" inside presence, averaged that much last year.

·
Registered
618 Posts
he looks like a ratliff/wallace type defensively... he looks EXTREMELY long. He could be a 2nd tier Center (not that there are any top tier besides Shaq and Yao) Offensively I see him getting 10-12 PPG, not much better than that.

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Definately, last 10 games off the season he averaged 12 pts. 12rbs. 3.9 blocks on 51% shooting

As a starter in 30 mins per game he averaged 9.2 points. 9.2 rebounds. 2.7 blocks per game in 53% shooting. He will be awesome

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
He has huge potential, but he's gonna have to work for it. Sam is going to have to decide whether he'll be content being a shotblocker or if he wants to be a star.

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
It depends on your definition of "star". I consider a star to be pretty much an above averge player. There are lots of them. In that respect, he will be a star. If your definition of star is a 20/10 type of player, no he won't ever be tht good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts