Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I don't understand why Portland can't just trade Rasheed for SAR straight up, instead of having to take Keith Van Horrible off the Knicks' hands.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
KVH?

if Nash did this deal, I'd personally find him and slap him!

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!
I don't understand why Portland can't just trade Rasheed for SAR straight up, instead of having to take Keith Van Horrible off the Knicks' hands.
Exactly... Why take KVH over a near 20-10 guy who is an all-star??????

Not going to happen.... :nonono:

we will deal directly with Atlanta before we ever do that IMHO. We do not need Kurt Thomas nor Doleac either.

I like the part about them saying Mr. Allen emails from vacation to see what's up??

Read the NY Post

Blazers owner Paul Allen, who has been vacationing on a remote island, e-mailed the team's front office a few days ago to ask if any of the rumors were true. The billionaire magnate received the e-mail answer: "There's nothing New York can offer us."
Got that right... nothing!

Besides I would bet Mr. Allen has a satellite phone and can be reached 24/7 anywhere in the world. He can call directly and not have to email :rofl:

SAR 2 years, Ratliff 2 years on contracts, have exactly what we want for Sheed contract wise, and maybe even talent wise. And it gives Atlanta a huge salary dump. Exactly what they want. Shee gives them about 76% of both of those contracts to dump in one year, not 2. We get a shot blocking center and a near 20-10 guy

deal with Atlanta direct not NY. This is a media fabrication

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
usually when GM's say nothing, things are up.

Newsday.com

Isiah is blabbing away, and Nash and Knight are quiet.

Portland GM John Nash and Atlanta GM Billy Knight both declined comment Friday night, and Knicks president Isiah Thomas said, "At this point, we have nothing imminent."
Hmmmmmmm interesting.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
the whole idea of getting kurt thomas smacks of hypocrisy. So we'd have two guys who either maybe hit their wives, or did?

Yah, that'll fix the blazers image problem right up!

Just say no to KVH!

The stupid thing is...if ATL wants Sheed...and gives up SAR...why don't the Blazers just...say "hey ATL? We'll take SAR for Sheed...screw New York."??

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!
I think that New York fell out of the Rasheed Wallace sweepstakes once the trade with Phoenix went down. Keith Van Horn isn't going to be enough as a player, let alone his contract. The most logical trade would be with Atlanta straight up with no New York involvement.

I would be surprised if Thomas is able to move Van Horn before the deadline, heck I think Portland has a better chance of moving Wallace, but I don't see them doing it.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!

Exactly... Why take KVH over a near 20-10 guy who is an all-star??????

Not going to happen.... :nonono:

we will deal directly with Atlanta before we ever do that IMHO. We do not need Kurt Thomas nor Doleac either.

I like the part about them saying Mr. Allen emails from vacation to see what's up??

Read the NY Post

Got that right... nothing!

Besides I would bet Mr. Allen has a satellite phone and can be reached 24/7 anywhere in the world. He can call directly and not have to email :rofl:

SAR 2 years, Ratliff 2 years on contracts, have exactly what we want for Sheed contract wise, and maybe even talent wise. And it gives Atlanta a huge salary dump. Exactly what they want. Shee gives them about 76% of both of those contracts to dump in one year, not 2. We get a shot blocking center and a near 20-10 guy

deal with Atlanta direct not NY. This is a media fabrication
Bingo!!!!! :D

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Sheed Trade Rumors Update....

....Rasheed Wallace has let the Trail Blazers know that if he is to be traded, he wants to end up with the Knicks, according to NBA sources.

Isiah Thomas has been trying to acquire Wallace for several weeks, but the Blazers have little interest in what the Knicks are offering. The Knicks may either have to include a third team or simply wait until the summer, when Wallace becomes a free agent, and possibly land him in a sign-and-trade.
and....

......He is the most valuable commodity for an Atlanta team looking to dump salary, so Shareef Abdur-Rahim's name is bound to surface in countless rumors before the Feb. 19 NBA trading deadline. He was at the center of speculation Friday about a three-way deal between the Hawks, Portland and the Knicks that would include Rasheed Wallace and Keith Van Horn.

The likely scenario would have the Trail Blazers sending free-agent-to-be Wallace to Atlanta, which could take his $17-million salary off its cap after the season, with Abdur-Rahim moving to the Knicks and Van Horn to the Blazers. Two Eastern Conference general managers said they had heard such speculation, but both agreed Portland would need more than Van Horn. One said the Blazers would have to get Knicks power forward Kurt Thomas as part of a larger deal.

Portland GM John Nash and Atlanta GM Billy Knight both declined comment Friday night, and Knicks president Isiah Thomas said, "At this point, we have nothing imminent."

....Indeed, Wallace is the player that Thomas really has targeted. "Isiah is doing what he can to get Wallace, but Portland doesn't have to move Rasheed," one Eastern Conference GM said. "They can wait and do a sign-and-trade in the summer."
This Just In... :D

Blazers officials are amused by the perception the Knicks are still in the hunt for Rasheed Wallace.

Two weeks ago, The Post reported talks had broken down. Nothing has changed since. Yet there's still speculation in some quarters that Isiah Thomas may get Wallace by the Feb. 19 deadline.

Because Blazers GM John Nash has no interest in Keith Van Horn, a deal can't be made. That is, unless Thomas somehow gets a third team involved that would take Van Horn.

"We got zero dialogue with the Knicks," a Blazers executive told The Post. "[Isiah] may be banging on us, give him credit. But dialogue takes two. . . . In here, we're not talking about any Knick stuff."

Blazers owner Paul Allen, who has been vacationing on a remote island, e-mailed the team's front office a few days ago to ask if any of the rumors were true. The billionaire magnate received the e-mail answer: "There's nothing New York can offer us."

.....After a couple of Thomas' proposals were shot down, the Knick president asked Portland to devise a counter-offer, but the Blazers couldn't.

"The problem in the West is, there's a monster forward to guard every night," the Blazer official said. "Keith can't guard them."
And, from: Dave D'Allessandro - New Jersey Star Ledger

....Thomas wants to make his Knicks more athletic while Knight, the Hawks' GM, wants to slash payroll. And not coincidentally, rumors abound that the two general managers are trying to put together a three-way trade with Portland.

But it may be problematic.

The Knicks would acquire forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim ($13.5M) in the proposed deal, and ship Keith Van Horn ($13.3M) to Portland. The Blazers, in turn, would send Rasheed Wallace ($16.9M) to Atlanta, which is in salary-dump mode and would let him skip in the summer. Spare parts would be added to make the salaries match.

The problem: The Blazers held it up because they also want Kurt Thomas, according to one Eastern Conference GM familiar with the talks. Van Horn is not enough, especially for Blazers GM John Nash, who was bum-rushed by agent David Falk into giving Van Horn that $73 million deal with the Nets four years ago.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Im not trying to get worked up but if NASH pulls the trigger on a KVH and garbage players, Im sorry I wont be able to watch games because this would have to be the worst trade in a long time. The only teams that benefit is Atlanta and Knicks. NASH say NO!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,637 Posts

Seriously, if they're going to trade him, why would they care which team he wants to go to? If he's not a Blazer any more, what difference does it make to the Blazers whether he's happy with his new team?

It seems like the New York media is just desperate to find reasons Sheed should get traded to New York even though the Knicks don't have any actual basketball players that Portland would want.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Blazerfan024</b>!
Im not trying to get worked up but if NASH pulls the trigger on a KVH and garbage players, Im sorry I wont be able to watch games because this would have to be the worst trade in a long time. The only teams that benefit is Atlanta and Knicks. NASH say NO!!!!!!!!
Have no fear. I added some stuff to my original post. :D

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Because since Sheed is a free agent next year... no team will trade for him (if they actually want him as a player and not cap relief) if they are not sure that he will re-sign with them.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm With ArtestFan...

Why would the Blazers give a rip what Wallace wants? Blazer management should be doing what's best for the team.

Further, why would Atlanta care, either. If they are getting Wallace for the purpose of dumping salary, it's not an issue whether Wallace is willing to resign with the Hawks, so if he doesn't like going there, tough tamales.

If Wallace wants to play in NY, he can go there as a FA next year.

Go Blazers

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Paxil</b>!
Because since Sheed is a free agent next year... no team will trade for him (if they actually want him as a player and not cap relief) if they are not sure that he will re-sign with them.
Since any team that trades for him would have his Bird rights, they'd have the best shot at either resigning or S&Ting him to another team. It's not a sure thing, but a most likely senerio. The least that they'd benefit is the cap relief.

STOMP

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have confidence (yep, based on all of one trade) that whatever Nash does will help the team. Due to the fact that I believe that Van Horn not only has a long-term contract (??) and is clearly a vastly inferior player to Sheed, I'm pretty sure this is more of a combination of NYK pipe dreams and media fabrication than anything based on actuality.

If or when Sheed goes, I'm betting that we'll be able to see the logic behind it.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sheed come to NY!

Anyway, KVH has a higher ppg than Sheed for his entire career. If you look at just stats Keith is a good player, also in a span of 20 games. Keith has been putting up 25 and 8. Keith isn't a bad player...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts