• Other

Votes: 2 5.0%
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
Gotta go with SAR and Marshall
Yeah, never enough depth when dealing with vets. Marshall will get plenty of time behind RJ and SAR.

-Petey

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
uptown4784 said:
I was thinking if we do get Sar and Marshall I doubt we going get Scalabrine back :(
In all honesty, that's fine with me. :raised_ey

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Anyone getting a chance to watch SAR play? Theres highlights of last nights Rocket game on ESPN. Made one good pass to Ruben, I guess that was their highlight. They're coming down to Golden State in late April, hopefully weather's clear, and daughter's fine, so I can take a look at him.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Swift, baby! We need someone to run with Kidd and hopefully Curly can fill our post-up needs next season (not to mention Kidd, Carter, and RJ are all capable of posting up their men on D). As SeaNet would say, we need an uberfreak to play with Kidd. I wouldn't mind SAR, but I think Swift would mesh better with Kidd and company.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
For those who want SAR and Marshall. How exactly do you think this is going to come to pass?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
SeaNet said:
For those who want SAR and Marshall. How exactly do you think this is going to come to pass?
As for me, I'm not being realistic .. thus I chose both. :biggrin:

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
SeaNet said:
Hopefully?

MLE for Marshall (2/3 year), TE and a pick to the Blazers for SAR (3 year).

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Petey said:
Hopefully?

MLE for Marshall (2/3 year), TE and a pick to the Blazers for SAR (3 year).

-Petey
While nothing is impossible, I think the likelihood of that happening is less than 4.56784%. I also think Thorn is looking for a different kind of PF than either of those guys, neither of whom is known for defense, rebounding, or running. I recall that when Cabarkapa became available for relatively little, Thorn said something along the lines of "we're looking for a different kind of PF." Cabarkapa is a perimeter oriented PF a la Marshall.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Could we have traded for Cabarkapa?

That I don't know.

Someone recently quoted Thorn as needing 2 players for the team, a big and a medium, maybe he has changed his stand.

Plus Marshall is more reliable than Zarko.

-Petey

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
1.swift
2.chandler
3.sar and marshell

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
SeaNet said:
While nothing is impossible, I think the likelihood of that happening is less than 4.56784%. I also think Thorn is looking for a different kind of PF than either of those guys, neither of whom is known for defense, rebounding, or running. I recall that when Cabarkapa became available for relatively little, Thorn said something along the lines of "we're looking for a different kind of PF." Cabarkapa is a perimeter oriented PF a la Marshall.
I love how we hang onto every word that Thorn tosses out as something subliminal, like the Star Wars fans out there listening to George Lucas talk about part 3.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I voted for SAR and Marshall b/c getting two is obviously a whole lot better than getting one. But if we were to sign just one person I still would like to have Chandler. As Curlybeast already mentioned, RJ, Kidd, and Carter are all capable of posting up on offense. Krstic will hopefully develop a nice post up game too. What I think we really need is someone to rebound the ball so that RJ, Kidd, and Carter can focus on running, which is really how the Nets win w/ J-Kidd. But obviously getting Marshall and SAR would be the best given the options.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
SeaNet said:
Skita will be a free agent. He classifies as a different type of PF

1 - 20 of 97 Posts