Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Atlanta trades: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Theo Ratliff, Jason Terry, Chris Crawford
Portland trades: Rasheed Wallace, Dale Davis, Wesley Person, 2004 1st Round Pick, Cash

Atlanta

C-Davis/Mohammed
PF-Wallace/Henderson
SF-Jackson/Diaw
SG-Glover/Person/Diaw
PG-Vaughn/Dickau

--This deal is all about money and building for the future for the Hawks. They save of ton of money in the form of expiring contracts, and get cash and a draft pick on the side.

Portland
C-Ratliff/Stepania
PF-Randolph/Crawford
SF-Abdur-Rahim/Miles/Patterson
SG-Anderson/Woods
PG-Terry/Stoudamire

IR:
Outlaw

--Definitely makes you guys a legitimate playoff team. That is an awesome starting lineup.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Didn't Wallace categorically rule out Atlanta as a potential destination? I thought I read somewhere that the only teams he'd agree to be traded to were Philly, New York, and Cleveland. Anyone else remember reading that?

PBF

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ProudBFan</b>!
Didn't Wallace categorically rule out Atlanta as a potential destination? I thought I read somewhere that the only teams he'd agree to be traded to were Philly, New York, and Cleveland. Anyone else remember reading that?

PBF
Those were the only teams he was interested in signing a long term extension with.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
doesn't matter what Sheed wants if Portland wants to trade him.

Atlanta would likely have no delusions about re-signing him once his contract is up. the deal is appealing to them as a mammoth salary dump.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!

Those were the only teams he was interested in signing a long term extension with.
Yeah... that's reportedly the case. I'm not sure that he'd walk away from millions of dollars from another team, but in Atlanta's case they'd offer him a very low amount of money or just let him walk without even trying to re-sign him.

This deal would be pretty decent for Portland, assuming we got to keep our own 1st, and ship out Memphis's to Atlanta.

Ed O.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that the only teams he'd agree to be traded to were Philly, New York, and Cleveland.
I hate to be a stick in the mud, but how verifiable is the source? I've only seen it attributed to various NY media from "unnamed sources." In other words, about as reliable as the 95% of trade rumors that don't end up going down.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts